Christmas on Wednesday :D

Bhuna50

Author Level
At the moment I play games on the laptop screen 1080p 144hz, but use a second screen for TV/internet etc which is just a 60hz 1080p Dell (from work).

I want to dip toe into 1440p (which I know wont be brilliant on just my laptop 2060) but its a longer term investment and an improvement on the 60hz 1080p for watching progs and occassional games on (that require game pad ratehr than mouse and keys) - so like racing etc - I can sit with laptop off lap as well then :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
At the moment I play games on the laptop screen 1080p 144hz, but use a second screen for TV/internet etc which is just a 60hz 1080p Dell (from work).

I want to dip toe into 1440p (which I know wont be brilliant on just my laptop 2060) but its a longer term investment and an improvement on the 60hz 1080p for watching progs and occassional games on (that require game pad ratehr than mouse and keys) - so like racing etc - I can sit with laptop off lap as well then :D
1440p is so worthwhile, even outside of gaming, just for standard desktop use, the difference is huge.

And as you say, it's a longer term investment.

They're great monitors, I have the early version and it's superb. My one is nowhere near as good as this one either.

barlew

Godlike
:D - time to 'fess up - would be bad news if it wasnt my fault :D

Had too much to drink last night (mixed with some strong Ibuprofen) and when I just logged in - it was still sat in my 'Basket' LOL
Hahaha that is the most tragic thing I have heard!

Bhuna50

Author Level
1639529727279.png

Bhuna50

Author Level
It’s made it to my side table in the lounge. But I’m still working so not sorted the leads out yet lol.

Attachments

• BF7DB416-1EDD-47E8-8D6B-DCF317EAA3CE.jpeg
    BF7DB416-1EDD-47E8-8D6B-DCF317EAA3CE.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 46BE9EE9-0645-4168-B3FA-6276065D3851.jpeg
    46BE9EE9-0645-4168-B3FA-6276065D3851.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 99

Bhuna50

Author Level
It works :D ... after a few stupid minutes of thinking it doesnt.

Sorted all the cables out, plugged it in and on the back there are four buttons, a joystick/button - does any of them turn it on I thought....nope...

Wheres the power button I thought...

tried a new plug - nope still not working.

Then remembered, Dell monitor has a small button bottom right hand corner right underneath - yep there it is :D :D :D

Sorry for the cable showing -but phone needs to recharge :D

Attachments

• IMG_3489.jpg
    IMG_3489.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 100

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It works :D ... after a few stupid minutes of thinking it doesnt.

Sorted all the cables out, plugged it in and on the back there are four buttons, a joystick/button - does any of them turn it on I thought....nope...

Wheres the power button I thought...

tried a new plug - nope still not working.

Then remembered, Dell monitor has a small button bottom right hand corner right underneath - yep there it is :D :D :D

Sorry for the cable showing -but phone needs to recharge :D
Wow, those colours really pop!

Bhuna50

Author Level
OK - I've got the boring finances out the way, the browsing etc out the way and like the new monitor a lot...what should be my first 1440p gaming experience then...any suggestions.

Do I go for

F1 2021

Crysis remastered

MS Flight Sim

Satisfactory

Control

Cyberpunk

any other suggestions :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
OK - I've got the boring finances out the way, the browsing etc out the way and like the new monitor a lot...what should be my first 1440p gaming experience then...any suggestions.

Do I go for

F1 2021

Crysis remastered

MS Flight Sim

Satisfactory

Control

Cyberpunk

any other suggestions :D
Which GPU is it?