CNN editorial claims videogames are turning men into pansies

Mattyp

Enthusiast

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
weird.

I've met some beautiful, nice women from video games.

I think it's the best way to meet chicks, none of these gals are sociophobes and we share common ground.,

There's no better way to find likeminded women that through a medium which you both share an interest in.

Now whilst that isn't entirely pertinent to the subject matter the way it links up is this, I've still got my charm :p

NMEBowen

Master Poster
haha the fact is the majority of games now know how to shoot weapons ie bursts of fire, loading, bulletdrop. it also speeds up your reactions and in a small way prepares you for actually shooting ppl, americas army a free fps is actually used by america to poach opratives or atleast was back in 2007. so id sayits a load of bull****.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
there was a study that hardcore gamers had better reaction times than fighter pilots, who need the best reactions

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
yeh good reactions FTW, im normally too intoxicated to react, but sometimes I can drop 3 people before they kill me

now that's exhilirating

eeeeeeyyyyeeehhhhh should have worded it a bit better, but hey, I think most of the girls I have spoken to are kind of shy, but like I said, you get some beautiful women playing games

Kalisnoir

Super Star
I read 3/4 of the article and gave up, reminded me a little bit of Brass Eye in that they basically act like a real news group but talk loads of ridiculous crap (Except Brass Eye is actually funny.)

To me it genuinely seemed like a **** take it was that pathetic -.- And they stated pointless facts, like how much more women now earn compared to the 60's, yeah, that's because women fought for more power and presence, so naturally since women now have a higher place in society, obviously there going to earn more, which has literally nothing to do with the fact that men enjoy games... Yes, more men are unemployed now, that's a surprise considering we're in a recession....

Rant over!

Things like this REALLY (emphasis) wind me up ha. :rockon:

Mattyp

Enthusiast
Man I love Brass Eye. Love the comparison of it to this article lol. It also overlooks how women are still paid (on average) less than men...

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
I think video games are great as a social outlet but not as a substitute, I love being able to flirt with someone over the mic.

Or to just have a conversation with likeminded people.

As for turning someone into a pansy, well, not really, it desensitises you if anything,

Mattyp

Enthusiast
I hardly look like a pansy whilst I smash my xbox controller on the table in a fit of pure rage. If anything gaming makes me more Hulk-esque and definitely brings out a competitive side in me that I wouldn't get normally as I don't play sports. :p