Colour Coded System!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
How much would you like to be able to order a colour-coded system, like this for example:

corsair.jpg

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Would have loved that for mine :) but most parts dont come in yellow, although mushkin do yellow RAM now

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Not as much as you might think...you just have the cost of the fans to match your GPU/motherboard combination. For modular PSUs we can also consider colour-codes cables...

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Not as much as you might think...you just have the cost of the fans to match your GPU/motherboard combination. For modular PSUs we can also consider colour-codes cables...
Sorry didn't mean to say it will be significantly more expensive but that I would really like the choice in the configuration as well as having the option for braided/colour codes cables.

Last edited:

CEUOTC

Enthusiast
That option would be damned good, especially now with the corsair selection of rad and case fans.

Regards.

C>

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I am sure there are many buyers that will go for this option, personally I wouldn't, as doing it myself is a massive part of the fun!

aaaeron

This feature is definitely appealing to me, i like to be very colour coordinated...

Any chance of an ETA update on this when/if you decide to implement it? :)

liamnic2

Super Star
Not really that interested but it would be cool if the choice to have better fans installed was available.

Wolvo7

Bright Spark

Would that apply to the LED fans? For example if you get a Haf-X case, which has a red LED, and a P8Z77 mobo, which is predominantly blue, would the whole case be color-coded blue except for the fan?

It would be nice to be able to add optional fans in a case directly on the configurator, select the LED color for the illuminated fans and add some neon lights in the case :) I'd happily pay extra for that.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Pcs, if ya thinking of stocking fans to go with colour schemes, ya should well look into getting bitfenix spectre pro fans! They are very well built and flipping quiet! If ya stock these, now we are talking!

Led versions - http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/accessories/spectre-pro-led/
Black versions - http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/accessories/spectre-pro/
PWM versions for rads and heatsinks - http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/accessories/spectre-pro-pwm/ these bad boys look very good!

Buzz

Master
Yeah Pcs I gotta say I am a big fan of this Idea. More and more people are designing the rigs for visuals just as much as performance these days. I bought the Corsair PSU Braided cable pack myself. I was gonna braid all the cables myself or buy individual extension cables but figured it almost worked out to be the same price. EG: For 1 single NZXT High density braided 8PIN extension cable costs Approx 6£. They can be gotten cheaper but thats an average of a good high density one and they are extension cables rather then whole cables which will make the case even more untidy rather then tidy as all PSU cables will be longer.

For a full comp braided mod along with taking so much time I figured the cost was worth it to buy the whole kit (Approx 55£) and then just get one or two others, but it really is the PSU cables that are most visible. If I had the option to grab it while I was getting a comp built from yourselves I would certainly have gone for it.

Rig colour matching just makes everything much nicer and far more expensive looking, for only a fairly small cost in the grand scheme of things. Would be great if things like Fans and cables are available in your upgrading section when it comes online.

Last edited:

johtho

Yep, I think it's a great idea and would make the PC even more personalised.

It would definitely be something I would consider.

;-)

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
PCS is away temporarily, this is his domain really, I'll point him back in this direction upon his return.