Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge

steaky360

Yeah, I vaguely remember a few maps with just gems to mine or oil derricks that give you loaaads of cash. Although they (imo) spoil the game.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Are we sticking with YR or anyone fancy another one?

I have them all except RA3 i have Red Alert 3 Uprising.

Anyone played Settlers before, i also have another one called Civilisation 5 or something, only played it once.

OHHHH OHHH and Total War... GOD. i installed that, downloaded for 3 days then i couldn't work it...

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
ded, I think origin sell a version that has every CnC game,including the newer versions too.

If you get the first decade you getupdated to the origin version as well for free,

With all the old CNC you'll have to register them on xwis to play online,
With the newer ones there seems to be a fair few compatible issues with origin effing up, the steam versions work fine x

rickne

Master Poster
If you get the first decade you getupdated to the origin version as well for free,

With all the old CNC you'll have to register them on xwis to play online,
With the newer ones there seems to be a fair few compatible issues with origin effing up, the steam versions work fine x

On that note my Red alert 2 keeps crashing to desktop. Almost ready to hand in the towel as all help i find is years old. Compatibility mode doesnt seem to help.

Alsothe EA guy told me to sign up here to play online...http://www.cnclabs.com/cnc3/faq.aspx

Last edited:

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
The latest command and conquer games would not start up for me on origin that's cnc3 red alert 3 cnc4
Luckily I had them on steam anyway

Red alert 2 and yuri's works fine, did you get any error messages

rickne

Master Poster
Just Game had to close. Ive googled and i see compaitbility posts everywhere. ive done all that and still CTDs. CTDs everywhere.

"Main executable for yuris revenge has stopped working"

Last edited:

rickne

Master Poster
to get mine to run i had to always click run as administraitot, the origin one doesn't however

So you think im better off installing the First decade disks for those games Smokey?

The longest Red alert 2 stayed on for was 12 mins before crashing to desktop.

Last edited:

rickne

Master Poster
ok deleted origin version. Installed First decade version. New issue. The game locks up visually after a while. You can hear the sound but the screen freezes. Sigh ...old games. Why cant you lot just play bloomin star craft :)