Compare screen for components

bigben

Master Poster
I think it would be really helpful if you had a compare screen for components.
example. I was trying to spec up something a minute ago so was looking at motherboards, however I ended up having to have the information screen open twice on different screens. If you had a compare screen similar to the one pictured below it would make it quicker and easier trying to decide which specs to go for.

I think this would be especially helpful when comparing products from different manufacturers eg. Asus + Gigabyte.

Cheers

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Is this not what you are looking for?

sgdsfgsdg.png

D1craig

Enthusiast
yea the info for motherboards isnt easy to digest. you look at one thing then have to go google it to see what it is. the only thing i look for is wifi on them, everything else means fa to me.

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
It does give you all the relevant informations on motherboards, just not in a comparison view. All I do is look at the specs of one and then scroll to the next one and compare them by remembering each part of the specs :)

bigben

Master Poster
It does give you all the relevant informations on motherboards, just not in a comparison view. All I do is look at the specs of one and then scroll to the next one and compare them by remembering each part of the specs :)

I think that was the whole point of the thread, so that you can compare them without having to remember everything :)

Yeah, completely the point of the thread, I have terrible short term memory (so much so that I was able to get extra time during my A Level exams because of it).
Also I think it could be laid out a bit neater so you can quickly compare.

Instead of:
ASUS® Z97M-PLUS
Chipset Intel® Z97 Express Chipset
RAM Slots 4 x DIMM, max. 32GB
Expansion Slots 1 x PCI Express 3.0/2.0 x16 slot, 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot, 2 x PCI slots
SATA Ports 6 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports, 1 x M.2 Socket 3

something like this which IMO is easier to read:

ASUS® Z97M-PLUS
FORM FACTOR: ATX
Chipset: Intel Z97 Express
RAM slots: 4 x DIMM, max. 32GB

Expansion slots:
PCI Express 3.0/2.0 x16: 1
PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot: 1
PCI Express 2.0 x1: 0
PCI: 2

SATA Ports
SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports: 6
SATA Express ports: 0
M.2 Socket 3: 1

PRICE

(then click to show the extra waffle)

D1craig

Enthusiast
that is totally easier to read. even makes the less technical person (myself) able to make more of the info.