Computer Freezing - malwarebytes forced me to upgrade to the new version 2.0.2.1012

jonbam

Enthusiast
Malwarebytes forced me to upgrade to the new version 2.0.2.1012

The new version of malwarebytes is causing windows 7 to freeze after running the scan, sometimes it completes the scan.

I have added the program on my firewall.

I'm running microsoft security essentials, I can't see any options that I need to do with this program?

Running windows 7 64bit.

Can any one help who has malwarebytes 2.0.2.1012

thanks

Jonathan

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I'm having problems with the new version as well,caused Windows 7 to freeze earlier tonight then I had a heck of job getting Windows to restart,had to run startup repair a couple of times.
Malwarebytes was starting up on it's own for some reason and running scans even though I had it set to manual,I've now uninstalled it,going to reinstall it tomorrow to see if the issue is resolved or not,would be a shame to lose such a good program.

Last edited:

jonbam

Enthusiast
I think my software which I paid for, would not run unless I agreed to update the sotfware.

jonbam

Enthusiast
Is there any alternative software to malwarebytes.

I have paid £21 for malwarebytes back in January and had no problems running scans with the old version.

thxs

Jonathan

Last edited:

ninja85a

mines updated to the one you said and it recently completed a scan and i have had no troubles im running win 7 64 bit

PokerFace

Banned
theres been quite a few problems with that update on most OS http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=2.0.2.1012+site:forums.malwarebytes.org&safe=vss&es_sm=93
the help forum for malwarebytes seems to suggest lots of things apart from it being a dodgy update!

Looks like this has been going on for weeks with that version. You'd think they'd have sorted it out by now. I'll leave it alone until I hear it's fixed.

If anyone wants to be the guinea pig, please post your experiences here.

Ta! :)

mog3

Silver Level Poster
Is there any alternative software to malwarebytes.

I have paid £21 for malwarebytes back in January and had no problems running scans with the old version.

thxs

Jonathan

ADW Cleaner is pretty good as a maintenance program (maybe once a month) i use it aswell as AVG, Spybot (both of these i have running all time) and the free malwarebytes! ADW will check through everything including registry, make sure you check all the tabs and you are happy with whats ticked for removal, i find it gets rid of stuff the others dont find!