Computer wont load windows after crash.

JJ_Young

Bronze Level Poster
Hi

First time I've had a problem in months and now it wont load windows.
so this is what happened -
When putting the computer into sleep mode it seemed to have crashed and everything went black and it wouldnt turn off by pressing power button so after a little while I had to turn it off at plug.

next day when booting it up it said it didnt shut down properly and then loaded me back to my desktop without having to enter my password or anything, it seemed to be working fine although I noticed that the OC setting were not there when I checked the system properties so when I shut it down and restarted it a bit later the first thing I noticed was that the fan was running fast and was quite loud and then it wont go any further than the screen that says windows detected a problem select to repair or load windows.

If I pick repair it says it cant fix it and if i want to run memory diagnostic tool which I did and it says drives are ok, then I picked system restore - but said it couldnt complete successfully and details were - an unspecified error occurred during system restore (0x800700b7) then it restarted.

But if I pick load to windows it gets to the loading windows screen and then crashes to this blue screen -
29102010063.jpg

I also tried putting the windows cd in and running repair from there but just get the same results as above.

Anyone got ideas?

Specs are -
COOLERMASTER HAF 922 MID TOWER GAMING CASE
OverClocked Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-930 (2.8GHz @ max 3.8GHz)
ASUS® P6X58D-E: DDR3, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, 3-Way SLI
6GB CORSAIR XMS3 TRI-DDR3 1600MHz (3 X 2GB)
1GB ATI RADEON™ HD 5870 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11
50GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SATA II 2.5" SSD (upto 285MB/sR | 275MB/sW)
100GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SATA II 2.5" SSD (upto 285MB/sR | 275MB/sW)
10x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW
CORSAIR 850W PSU (TX850) 80+ ULTRA QUIET
TITAN FENRIR EXTREME DIRECT TOUCH COPPER CPU COOLER
ARCTIC COOLING MX-3 HIGH THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Titanium - Fatal1ty Professional Series
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited-function versions of Word & Excel)
MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS - Free Basic Protection
LG W2753VC-PF 27" WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D FULL HD 1920x1080
LOGITECH X-540 5.1 Surround sound effect with full range and deep bass

Ta

JJ

Craig

Silver Level Poster
Did you try to reinstall Windows?

It could be a bad HDD drive, but i'm not too sure, I would think the HDD company would have some sort of program to check their own HDD for errors.
What about safe mode?

By any chance do you have RAID enabled with these 2?

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
I think ur bios reset, if ur oc disappeared and fan is maxed out because cpu q fan control in bios has been disabled. Surprised youve had no problems with that Corsair RAM and Asus x58 chipset :S I did. So, first go into bios and check xmp is enabled in ai overclock tuner (forget about ur cpu overclock at the min) To find out how to do this, search for the thread with 'neewhom' in the title, this has instructions on setting bios, then search for a thread with sleinous in the title, this topic has a pic showing how to re-enable cpu q fan control (on a diff x58 asus board but the categories the option is found under are identical on both bios boards.

Last edited:

JJ_Young

Bronze Level Poster
I think ur bios reset if ur oc disappeared and fan is maxed out because cpu q fan control in bios has been disabled. Surprised youve had no problems with that Corsair RAM and Asus x58 chipset :S I did. So, first go into bios and check xmp is enabled in ai overclock tuner (forget about ur cpu overclock at the min) To find out how to do this, search for the thread with 'neewhom' in the title, this has instructions on setting bios, then search for a thread with sleinous in the title, this topic has a pic showing how to re-enable cpu q fan control (on a diff x58 asus board but the categories the option is found under are identical on both bios boards.

thanks i'll give that a try.

Forgot to change that I got that ram changed over to the kingston ones which work as the crossaire ones that I originally ordered caused problems.

No the drives are not raid.

Sleinous

Author Level
Ye, wouldnt be surprised if they did.

Ok so if you got the Kingston HyperX 1600mhz, it would be the same latency, profile etc as my screenshots so just follow that to teh letter.

JJ_Young

Bronze Level Poster
ok ive enabled the cpu q fan control now which has stopped that from making such a noise now and i've enabled XMP in Ai Tweaker, although my target CPU isnt highlighted like yours in the pic and there is nothing in the CPU ratio settings like your one. when it restarts it just does the same when it gets to windows and goes to the blue screen.

Sleinous

Author Level
Something odd their, could you take a picture of that main screen with teh XMP info and CPU info? with a camera or something?

Sleinous

Author Level
Yep XMP is set correctly, dont worry about the warning message, its Intel covering their backs again. Have you tried loading Windows up in safe mode? Press F8 before it loads, continuosly until you get the option to start in safe mode. Then, do a system restore to an earlier point, say a couple of days before-hand. I suspect something was installed that Windows did not like one bit OR a virus has managed to widdle its way into your OS system files.

JJ_Young

Bronze Level Poster
for some reason i cant get into safe mode, whenever i press F8 when the bios screen is up it asks me what Hard drive or Cd drive I want to boot from....

Ok managed to get into the screen for safe mode (had to press F8 then once i selected the ssd to run had to hit tab...) but still get the same blue screen when it loads up.

would reinstalling windows help (thats if it lets me)

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
Ok, pop the setup disc in the computer, then press F8, then boot from DVD drive, then click here:

click-repair-your-computer.png

then click System restore.

startup-repair.png

Noe this is a Vista startup but the same screen is used in Win 7

Last edited:

JJ_Young

Bronze Level Poster
lol Ok managed to get into the screen for safe mode (had to press F8 then once i selected the ssd to run had to hit tab...) but still get the same blue screen when it loads up.

also tried the cd way above and a pop up box says - system restore did not complete successfully, your computer system files and setting were not changed, details: an unspecified error occurred during system restore (0x800700b7).

tried another restore point and it said it went successfully but when it restarts it just gets the same blue screen!!!!

would reinstalling windows help? since most things have been tried? (that's if it lets me)

thanks for all your help by the way!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Firstly, try resetting your BIOS settings, but setting the hard drives to AHCI and not IDE mode. Try booting. If no success, login to your account and view your order where you can see the OC settings for your PC. Apply these then try booting. If you still don't have any luck, call us. We're open till 1pm today.

JJ_Young

Bronze Level Poster
I know im a pain but how do I reset the bios? when im in the bios set up exit menu is it just the load setup defaults option?

JJ_Young

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks, got it up and running by resetting the bios and changing the hard drives to AHCI, havent put the OC details in it yet, will do that another time.

There is something else that I have noticed now though, there seems to be crackling coming from the PSU, its not constantly making a noise, mostly for the first few mins its switched on and then every now and again I can hear it if im sitting at my desk, if I go to the back of the pc and listen near the PSU then I can faintly hear it crackling all the time.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think it's anything to worry about - PSU's make some electrical noise as they convert AC current to DC for the components to use. You have an 850W Corsair PSU and a graphics card that can drink some juice when it wants, so if you go to the back of the pc and listen near the PSU you will hear a noise. :)

Shaktimus

Bronze Level Poster
Hello. Sorry, but I don't mean to steal a this thread but this has happened to me. I had a power cut and then computer restarted at the windows logo screen.

So I followed all the advice here and changed the Hard Drive to AHCI and I was back in business.

Now I'm stuck on the putting my OC setting back. I have ZERO experience in OCing.

Also since the computer is back up, the Fan on top of my case is constantly ON, it's a bit loud and just ON all the time.

It wasn't like that before, the computer was rather quiet.

How do i (in stone age speed) input my OC settings and make my Fan quiet again.

I tried jumping into that screen with the BIOS but it scared me as I didn't know what the stuff was.

Order number 342499

OC Settings

CPU RATIO: 19
BCLK FREQ: 200
DRAM: 1603
UCLK: 3208
CPU VOL: 1.3
QPI/DRAM: 1.35
DRAM BUS: 1.64
HYPER THREADING: Enabled
SPEEDSTEP: Disabled

Many thanks.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Please give us a call can we will guide you through setting up your OC over the phone.