Concerns over the 2nd HDD temp in my Optimus IV

Pagey

Bright Spark
I thought I'd try out a systeminfo program to see how my laptop is running and had my fears confirmed: My 2nd HDD is running at 53C. I've noticed ever since the 2nd HDD was installed that it was getting a bit too warm for my liking, basically it's a 7,200 WD Black. Now I'm pretty sure when the same HDD was in my old laptop it never got that hot as there was an airgap around the whole drive.

This now leads me onto a little complaint, this isn't PCS's fault but more a design failure on Clevo's side, basically when a 2nd HDD is installed in the second slot the mechanical side of the drive will have about a 1cm airgap, but on the circuit side there is about a 1mm airgap if i'm lucky. The fact a surface is so close to the circuit side of the HDD is leading me to believe that's why it's getting so warm.

I will be calling PCS after Christmas now as I don't think they're open tomorrow, but for now if anyone is around I need to know if it's possible to modify the service panel to allow a better airflow around the second HDD without voiding any warranties? The reason I'm asking is because it's only a service panel and is easily replaceable.

TIA guys.