Connecting a second hard drive

J_T_

I found a spare hard drive laying around and I wanted to connect it to my computer. I initially used the quick hard drive insert thing on my Inwin case which allows me to just put the hard drive in but the problem with this is that it always boots onto that hard drive by default no matter what I change in the BIOS priority. I have to press f8 to boot into the primary hard drive which can get annoying.

So I opened up the case to install the second hard drive properly but I can't seem to find a spare power cable to do so. I don't see any free SATA cables and there's only one power cable remaining. I thought more SATA cables would be available. If I want to install this hard drive would I have to buy the SATA cables separately?

Also whilst I'm here my case was advertised to come with 3 fans but I only got two

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
SATA cables are not supplied,you would need to buy one.
If the drive you're trying to use is a bootable drive you may have the same problem installing it internally.
If you have saved everything you want from the drive,try formatting it from "computer" or "Disk management",it should then work normally inserted in the hot swap bay.

Last edited:

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Which case is it? You sure one isn't hidden in the front of the chassis? been removed due to a large cooler or something?

You might have got spare SATA cables in your welcome pack, i did. The rest of your power cables will be zip tied away neatly for improved air flow.