Connecting Optimus II to a TV.

Skylinefx

Bronze Level Poster
Tried today for the first time to connect my Optimus II 17.3" (GT 555M) to a 43" Pioneer 436SXE TV.
When I connected the HDMI cable, the laptop screen was automatically displayed on the TV in 1080p. There are two problems. One is that the text is difficult to read - it looks like the image is zoomed out a bit, making lines and text unclear. Another problem is that I cannot see the the screen fully as it sort of doesn't 'fit on screen'. I can customise the aspect ratio in the Intel graphics properties to make it fit on screen. But the text is still difficult to read.

EDIT: Just noticed, there also seems to be a slight delay when playing games... Which makes it pretty much impossible to play racing games or FPS. This doesn't happen when I connect my PS3 to the TV.

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Are there any scaling options (underscan/overscan) in your graphics control settings,
if so,try adjusting that.
Also check your tv can handle the resolution your trying to use.

Last edited:

MrShteeeve

I had the same problem with mine.I found it was to do with my tv picture settings, instead of having the picture setup as 16:9 have it as 'fit to screen' or 'screen fit' and it will sort out the missing edges etc :)

Lum

Bronze Level Poster
The Optimus II doesn't do overscan by default, but many TVs do. You'll need to go through the menus in your TV to disable this. It's also worth looking to see if it has a "game" mode which will reduce the lag a bit.