Connecting pc to monitor.

KyleJones

Gunna sound so stupid but need some help with most basic part of computers, which is connecting my monitor to my pc/graphics card.

Basically i got gtx 670, im wondering how do i connect it to my monitor, ive got a dvi cable which came with monitor, but do i need to also connect a hdmi cable as well?

Let me know how to connect them or what cables i need to use etc (sound so stupid) :wacko:

got a 24 inch asus monitor if that helps.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
How many monitors are you connecting? If it is only one you just need the dvi or hdmi cable, if you want audio (using the speakers in your monitor) then use hdmi, if you just want video use the dvi cable.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Just use the one DVI cable,assuming your monitor has a DVI port & you wont be using monitor speakers.

Last edited:

KyleJones

Planning on just having one atm, so dvi for video, ive ordered a hdmi cable earlier.

In a nutshell here, only need to use the hdmi cable or the dvi cable, dont need to use both, just one or the other?

KyleJones

Ok thanks to both of you, i use my dvi for now till my hdmi cable comes. some rep for you.

Currently getting rid of the pc im using now and sorting stuff out for my new pc! the wait is killing me lol
Get my haf-x up running in next few days post some pics then!

Rakk

The Awesome
Planning on just having one atm, so dvi for video, ive ordered a hdmi cable earlier.

In a nutshell here, only need to use the hdmi cable or the dvi cable, dont need to use both, just one or the other?

As both vanthus and rubensolo said, just use one, in fact if you do use two at the same time to the same monitor, it will more than likely cause problems :)