Constant BSOD on boot up

petrow

Gold Level Poster
Hello all, hopefully someone can help me out here.

So, I left my PC on for a fair amount of time as I was gaming, break, gaming, break etc. the last time I went back to the PC it had a BSOD. I thought nothing of it and rebooted, only for it to BSOD on boot up. After about 15 attempts of trying, it loaded up to windows. I entered a game and after 10 minutes the system crashed to another BSOD. Now, whenever I try, it comes up with an error and as soon as it comes up with the usual "loading windows" graphic, it crashes, BSOD and back to the start.

I have made sure that the memory is in etc. a red light on the mobo shows up next to the "boot device" "CPU" and "VGA" all go off after a few seconds except the boot device one, which goes off when the windows loading screen appears just before the system crashes.

I have been into the bios and it recognises the SSD is there, so it doesn't appear the SSD has died (perhaps faulty or on its way out?)

Either way, I cannot get the system past the windows loading screen before it freezes, BSOD and reboots.

Overclocked CPU Overclocked Intel® Core™i5-2500k Quad Core (3.30GHz @ max 4.60GHz)
OC Settings Show/Hide
Motherboard ASUS® P8P67 PRO (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0/SATA 6Gb/s, CrossFireX™ & SLI
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card 1.5GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - DX® 11, 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 640GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD6402AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
Change to: 120GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SSD, SATA 3 Gb/s (upto 285MB/sR | 275MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk 750GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD7502AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
RAID NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 12x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW

Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply CORSAIR 850W TX SERIES (TX850) 80+ ULTRA QUIET PSU
Processor Cooling COOLIT ECO A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER)
Thermal Paste ARCTIC COOLING MX-3 HIGH THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Modem NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND

Help :-(

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Can you boot into safe mode?if not it does point to a hardware problem,possibly the SSD as you mention.If it boots into safemode try uninstalling or disabling drivers from device manager,graphics card driver first,then see if it will boot normally.

petrow

Gold Level Poster
I have tried pressing F8 and nothing happens. The BSOD stayed on screen lot enough to give me the "DRIVER IRQL IS NOT LESS OR EQUAL" error, appears it is a HDD failure. I'm done with SSD, that's two failures now. I have no idea where my Windows disc is so will have to find it to reinstall it on my other HDD I guess. Sadly, my SSD was full of pretty important things and I haven't backed up in ages...

The thing is, when my SSD failed last time, it disappeared from my boot device list (completely dead) but it is still an option when I load up now.

Last edited:

petrow

Gold Level Poster
Update: randomly it has booted up into windows again. Could it be an overheating problem? Last time it worked for about 10 minutes and I having it rebooting again as I type (manual reboot) which is successful. Last time it worked, I left it off for a good 20 minutes, when I retried I left it again for a while.

Further update: the monitor goes black and when it refreshes, it appears the integral graphics is taking over rather than my GTX580 card. It appears that I might have a graphics card failure.

Last edited:

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
It shouldnt be overheating, if you can actually get into windows grab your Minidump files. C:/Windows/minidump and copy over 5 - 10 of them and email them into [email protected].
We will try to diagnose the problem for you.