Cooler Master now has Internal USB 3.0 Headers!!

samx300

Enthusiast
Hey guys and girls,

Just so you know, the 19-pin Internal USB 3.0 headers are now available on Cooler Master's European Website (www.coolermaster.nl). I contacted CM Support ([email protected]) and requested my long overdue cable.
All they asked for was the serial number on my HAF X and my address. I responded promptly and my Internal USB 3.0 Header cable is on its way! :) :)

Link:
http://www.coolermaster.nl/shop/product_info.php?products_id=799&osCsid=kstbn0gn9aae1k5pgqk41dfuh7

So everyone with a P67 board (P8P67 Pro, Deluxe, ROG etc), contact Cooler Master support and request your free cable today! B-)

Cheers

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Nice just seen this :), Im guessing its a standard header? So would fit the P8Z68-v pro board too? I would assume so.

I wonder if PCS will tell me the serial number on my HAF-X case so I can get the header in time for when I get the case :) ?

samx300

Enthusiast
Nice just seen this :), Im guessing its a standard header? So would fit the P8Z68-v pro board too? I would assume so.

I wonder if PCS will tell me the serial number on my HAF-X case so I can get the header in time for when I get the case :) ?

Hi there mate,

Yes, it is a standard 19 pin USB 3.0 Header and it should fit the Z68 series. However, having received my cable, I must say that its no good. It is just tooo short and there's no way it wil reach the front panel of the HAF X :( I have been unable to use my cable to date...

As for the serial number of your HAF X, you don't need to ask PCS, there should be a sticker on the back of your case. It should look something like this:

hafxserial.jpg

Cheers

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
As for the serial number of your HAF X, you don't need to ask PCS, there should be a sticker on the back of your case. It should look something like this:

Cheers

I dont have my PC yet, its in pre-production at the moment, but they have all the parts apparently, so maybe they might be able to tell me the part number before I recieve the computer is what I meant :)

Thanks for the other info though.

nemoreturns

Too short. usbs male so wont connect to usb3 cables from header panel. Connector to motherboard male as is motherboards so can't connect anyway. In short completely useless and i paid for mine!

samx300

Enthusiast
Errr, I know its been a while, but I had to ask this:

Has ANY HAF X owner been able to connect their Front USB 3.0 ports using the Internal Mobo header? - of course, provided you have a Mobo that supports these headers.
I received the cable from CM, but the length is too short and its no good :( Makes me wonder if they designed this cable with some other (tiny!) case in mind?

Any useful comments/suggestions would be much appreciated and rewarded with +REP

Cheers

samx300

Enthusiast
tut tut double posting ;) lol

:) I know - but these two threads ('USB Headers' here and 'Nemesis review' in showoff section) are the only places I can discuss this.
We should really have a HAF X owners club! What do you think Frenchy? ;)

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
:) I know - but these two threads ('USB Headers' here and 'Nemesis review' in showoff section) are the only places I can discuss this.
We should really have a HAF X owners club! What do you think Frenchy? ;)

Well as you may have seen in the news theyve been saying that people who use IE have a lower IQ, I think what they missed out is that all the IE users happened to have sniper cases lolol. There must be a link between us great minds and the HAF-X. In short, yes I think we should have an owners club :)

samx300

Enthusiast
Well as you may have seen in the news theyve been saying that people who use IE have a lower IQ, I think what they missed out is that all the IE users happened to have sniper cases lolol. There must be a link between us great minds and the HAF-X. In short, yes I think we should have an owners club :)

Hahaha! +REP for that mate!! :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I'm getting a sniper case and i dont use IE, I use Chrome, the browser for smart people, clearly sniper people are better because they care about money and dont want to spend an extra £20 to lose certain benefits

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I'm getting a sniper case and i dont use IE, I use Chrome, the browser for smart people, clearly sniper people are better because they care about money and dont want to spend an extra £20 to lose certain benefits

What benefits would they be Wozza? Also I use Firefox, the best browser by far, especially for the work I do.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I used to use firefox but found it not to my standards

i just realized that i am using firefox right now cos i had to change to linux... Firefox crashes and goes unresponsive... typical firefox

Anyway
Do you have a fan controller?
Do you have blue LED fans? (red is crap)
Do you have a carry handle?
Do you have feet on the bottom to keep it sturdy?

Thats it.. GOD DAM IT, stop making me read the HAF-X description it gets better every time

the main benefit i think is the fan controller to keep my fans 100% if the HAF-X had one i would definitely get it

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I used to use firefox but found it not to my standards

i just realized that i am using firefox right now cos i had to change to linux... Firefox crashes and goes unresponsive... typical firefox

Anyway
Do you have a fan controller?
Do you have blue LED fans? (red is crap)
Do you have a carry handle?
Do you have feet on the bottom to keep it sturdy?

Thats it.. GOD DAM IT, stop making me read the HAF-X description it gets better every time

the main benefit i think is the fan controller to keep my fans 100% if the HAF-X had one i would definitely get it

No fan controller, but I have my profiles set so my fans are controlled automatically by software, makign fan controller redundant.

Why would I want a carry handle, its not a laptop lol, I dont take my PC anywhere, pointless feature.

Yes it does have feet, and tbh at 17KG it doesnt need anythign to keep it sturdy.

lol HAF-X > Sniper, end of :D

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
wtf? well im gonna wait, ive got a ticket for todays lottery (fingers crossed) and im going on holiday tomorrow :( so if i win, ill order it whilst im away to arrive when i return, and i can also go £1k out of budget, maybe more

Case
COOLERMASTER HAF-X FULL TOWER GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Processor Extreme Edition i7-990X (3.46GHz) 6.4GTs/12MB Cache

Motherboard
ASUS® RAMPAGE III EXTREME: 3-Way SLI & CrossFireX, SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0

Memory (RAM)
24GB KINGSTON HYPER-X TRI-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (6 x 4GB KIT)

Graphics Card
3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 590 - 2 DVI,mHDMI - 3D Vision Ready

2nd Graphics Card
3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 590 - 2 DVI,mHDMI - 3D Vision Ready

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
240GB OCZ VERTEX 3 SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)

2nd Hard Disk
600GB INTEL® 320 SERIES SSD, SATA 3 Gb/s (upto 270MB/sR | 220MB/sW)

3rd Hard Disk
2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD2002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
12x BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£79)

2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
12x BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£79)

Power Supply
CORSAIR 1200W PRO SERIES™ GOLD AX1200-80 PLUS® GOLD MODULAR(£208)

Processor Cooling
INTEL SOCKET LGA1366 STANDARD CPU COOLER

Sound Card
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Titanium - Fatal1ty Champion Series (£148)

Network Facilities
ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD (£16)

USB Options
NZXT INTERNAL USB HEADER (4 Additional Powered Internal USB Ports) (£18)

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£146)

Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE

Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL

Monitor
IIYAMA E2710HDS 27" WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D HD1920x1080(£229)

2nd Monitor

3rd Monitor

Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days

£4,789.17 ex VAT
£5,747.00 inc VAT

Aaaaah if i won the lottery :)

samx300

Enthusiast
No fan controller, but I have my profiles set so my fans are controlled automatically by software, makign fan controller redundant.

Why would I want a carry handle, its not a laptop lol, I dont take my PC anywhere, pointless feature.

Yes it does have feet, and tbh at 17KG it doesnt need anythign to keep it sturdy.

lol HAF-X > Sniper, end of :D

Hahah! +REP on that Frenchy, you're awesome! :)