Corsair 5000D Airflow extra case fans

Ash_

Master Poster
I could of sworn the 5000D comes with a pwm hub in the cable managing side of the case, it's talked about in every review of the 5000D ?
It may do then, not that i am aware of though. The 4000D doesn’t, but i use a commander anyway, as it can do a lot more than a simple hub.

D

Deleted member 17413

It comes with a PWM repeater looking at corsairs site so it will let you syncronise them to the same curve fan, but I dont get the impression it acts like a hub... I dont think you get individual control or lighting

Fabian03

It may do then, not that i am aware of though. The 4000D doesn’t, but i use a commander anyway, as it can do a lot more than a simple hub.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210411-154928.png
    Screenshot_20210411-154928.png
    386.3 KB · Views: 143
D

Deleted member 17413

Ive a feeling its there for the front and side three fans, to set them all as intakes on same curve, you'd still need something to then control rear and roof

Fabian03

It comes with a PWM repeater looking at corsairs site so it will let you syncronise them to the same curve fan, but I dont get the impression it acts like a hub... I dont think you get individual control or lighting
From videos I've seen as long you are using corsair fans ICUE can control the rgb lighting.

Ash_

Master Poster
From videos I've seen as long you are using corsair fans ICUE can control the rgb lighting.
It wont be able to control fan speed and RGB, it only has 6 ports, so either RGB ones or fan ones and i imagine it is fan. To control fans and rgb, you’d need a commander and it’s 12 ports (6 fan and 6 rgb).

Fabian03

It wont be able to control fan speed and RGB, it only has 6 ports, so either RGB ones or fan ones and i imagine it is fan. To control fans and rgb, you’d need a commander and it’s 12 ports (6 fan and 6 rgb).
My bad then I stand corrected