Corsair 650d fans

bentem

I have a weird problem. only the top 200mm fan on the case is spinning while the front intake and the rear 120mm exhaust are not spinning. Help urgently needed!!

paul1224

I guess the obvious question is, have you checked that the fans connections are seated or tried reseating them incase it is a poor connection to the motherboard?
Do you get any BIOS warnings when booting the PC regarding the lack of fans?

bentem

I haven't seen any bios warnings. Also where would the cable connect to the motherboard. My motherboard is an Asus P67.

paul1224

I'm unsure on the specifics of your motherboard and whether the case fans would run directly to it.
Probably best to wait for someone with better technical savvy to reply or if it is a PCS machine give them a call to go through some troubleshooting options.

paul1224

Yeah sorry couldn't help more but my expertise is quite limited!
I would normally recommend opening the desktop up and checking where the fans connections go to, wherever they go to make sure they are seated properly and maybe even reseat them to see if this is the cause of the issue.
Other than that await someone with better knowledge than me on here and hopefully they can help in more detail.

Gorman

Author Level
It would be best to call us to be honest, its quite a tricky one.

There are several different ways to wire these fans up. The default is that they all connect to black leads which are running from the front panel, then one of the black leads is powered by a molex which splits between them all. Alternatively the fans can be plugged directly into the mainboard fan headers.

bentem

I think i have fixed it thank god!! The Two wires that lead into the fan connector plugs were half hanging out. as soon as I plugged them in with power the fans spun up.