Corsair Carbide 200R Gaming PC

SlickShoes

From ordering my PC to it arriving at my door was 3 weeks exactly. I was pretty happy with this turn around although my order did get stuck in the building stage for 5 working days. After a message to PCS it was swiftly moved through the last few stages of testing and arrived within that week.

The delivery was fantastic, DPD really seem to take care of the parcel and the ease of rescheduling the delivery is great.

I didn't order an OS because I have a license for win7 pro, PCS were good enough to install this OS for testing and all I had to do when it arrived was put in my code and everything was ready.

The first thing I noticed was how fast the SSD is, I boot from hitting the power button to usable windows in 11 seconds, I even have steam starting automatically and it's that quick it doesnt even bother me that another application is starting.

Once I tested the machine I installed my own HDD, there was a spare sata 6gb/s cable and power connection inside so it was just a case of plugging it in, the corsair case is tool free so any drive just clips in.

The case itself is great, it is listed as "compact" but it is pretty big here is a comparison with one of my shoes:

photo(1).JPG

Every game I have thrown at it has been handled with ease, the AMD 7950 is a fantastic card, I have played Guild Wars 2 on the highest settings at 1920x1080 and get constant 75fps, sleeping dogs is above 60fps all the time on the EXTREME setting, everything else I have played is slightly older so runs flawlessly.

The temperatures in the case are great even with only two case fans, my CPU hasn't went above 52 degrees even playing games and running a few applications in the background.

The main thing that annoyed me was the sound coming from the Corsair H40 intake fan, it has a 3pin connector to the motherboard so runs at a constant 1900rpm. I thought I could get used to it but the PC is in my living room and the noise was irritating. I ended up getting advice from a user on here and bought an AKASA 120mm fan with a 4 pin connector, this thing is totally silent now. Fitting it to the H40 was pretty easy, now it idles at 600rpm instead of 1900!

The only other problem I could see was that the SSD was set for a scheduled defrag every wednesday so I turned that off straight away, also through personal preference I turned off system restore and hibernation to get some SSD space back.

Here are a few pictures of the inside of the case and where it now lives:

photo(3).JPG

photo(2).JPG

photo.JPG

Toxophilix

Bright Spark
Great review and spec.

Once I tested the machine I installed my own HDD, there was a spare sata 6gb/s cable and power connection inside so it was just a case of plugging it in, the corsair case is tool free so any drive just clips in.
I just love how easy it is to add an HDD to a PC now, you don't even need a screwdriver. Used to be such a pain (before IDE - uphill both ways etc etc).

SlickShoes

Great review and spec.

I just love how easy it is to add an HDD to a PC now, you don't even need a screwdriver. Used to be such a pain (before IDE - uphill both ways etc etc).

Yeah, this is the first tool free case I have had and when I was inserting the HDD i was trying to work out how on earth I was going to get in to that space with a screwdriver, then it just clipped in and I remembered one of the reasons I chose this case haha.