Corsair Hydro H115i RGB Platinum. Pump LED stuck in swirling red

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Hey all, was wondering if anyone got any advice. I have noticed now for the past week or so My RGB on my pump is just swirling red all the time.
I have uninstalled Icue, Armoury crate. Still same. I have tried latest version of icue. Old version, Still the same. My temps are fine as they 40c. Wont let me change to any other colours.. But the fans all changing colours.... This is the build

Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.6GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting2x 50cm RGB LED Strip
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Check that the pump cables (sata, usb, rgb, etc) are all fully seated. Give them a push to make sure properly connected.

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Is iCue picking up the cooler?

What are you using for temps?

I would use something like HWInfo.

Red on the cooler normally means it's overheating
If it was overheating would i have issue like comp shutting down or anything. Yes picking up in icue. using icue for temps. amd master. acrate. all same temps. comp running fine.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If it’s still under warranty suggest contact PCS for support and possible RMA. All the articles I’ve read with similar symptoms seemed to point at a hardware failure.

carlos726811

Bright Spark

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    603.8 KB · Views: 81

carlos726811

Bright Spark
I done 15hours so far gaming, No issues at all.. No crashes or anything, everything running smooth. Just the light on rgb that spinning red.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The temp of the cpu here is almost 60c, if that's on idle that's far too high, it's states CPU load of 5%, that's far too high.

I'd agree with @B4zookaw, it looks like there's some kind of failure.

You can verify with a run of Prime95 or cinebench r23

Last edited:

carlos726811

Bright Spark
The temp of the cpu here is almost 60c, if that's on idle that's far too high, it's states CPU load of 5%, that's far too high.

I'd agree with @B4zookaw, it looks like there's some kind of failure.

You can verify with a run of Prime95 or cinebench r23
Do you happen to have links please for those and i can check. i am gaming now and temps 58c on icue

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Do you happen to have links please for those and i can check. i am gaming now and temps 58c on icue
Can you upload a screenshot? Are you sure you're not reading coolant temp?

Run it for 10 minutes and then take a screenshot of iCue temps while it's still running

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Can you upload a screenshot? Are you sure you're not reading coolant temp?

Run it for 10 minutes and then take a screenshot of iCue temps while it's still running

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    587.9 KB · Views: 69

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
CPU Multicore still running and its 04.00 now and temps 82.63c
There's not enough info in iCue to be able to determine what's happening.

Can you run the same but take a screenshot of HWInfo particularly on temps of CPU cores and any flags like thermal throttling?

carlos726811

Bright Spark
And the flags?
What you mean.
I am thinking it might be RGB issues. Reason Being.
1. When i go icue and change rgb from rainbow wave to arc. i get Green red, orange, Yellow.
2. When i put to rainbow wave its red.
3. when i set to visor its all colours.
4 when i set to a static colour. For example ( If i go chose Blue, It goes orange. ) Green stays Green ) Yellow. goes red. )
So am thinking could be rgb at fault or the cable.
The 3 fans i have for cpu all change to normal colour but the block doesn't