Counting the days

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I fully understand you. People are social animals by nature and if we don't get that, negativity, depression and similar bad stuff hits us fairly quickly.

I also don't mind spending time home but lots of things changed in my life within a year time and I unfortunately couldn't cope with everything and unfortunately had to deal with all of it being stuck alone. As a result I had suicidal thoughts and even more serious actions towards in a few occasions recently. I struggled with personal life changes, also stress at work (reduced number of people, larger workloads, more pressure, frozen wages, postponed bonuses...), not being able to meet friends etc... I know everything is temporarily, but the times goes on and it rather seems as a "new normal" like some people say or we can find this phrase on media - which really doesn't help at all as it just raises more fears and uncertainty about the future! It was all too much for me... Luckily, I spoke about it at my work and my dear colleagues noticed the changes too. They acted gently but sensibly which has helped to cross the line and start climbing the life ladders up again...

It's crazy how negatively in certain situations a long-term lockdown can affect, and nobody is protected of it... Apologies for off topic. Just wanted to raise awareness about people around us. I also noticed on the roads, while driving, some people are more aggressive and less patient, same I can see with customers at work. Luckily, I don't need to deal with people on roads and customers at work all day long, but I would imagine it can be even harder for some people...

I will probably let myself out for a few weeks around Europe on trains & buses when it will be allowed - just to feel the taste of freedom again...

I agree that these challenges (a year ago a laughed of this word, but now I truly appreciate its meaning) will shift the world and the way people are thinking. I hope, for better, not worse...
Eeesh, sorry you’ve had a tough time of it. Mrs C has been very much in the same boat, she’s been stuck at home for over a year due to her clinically vulnerable status. As a midwife, it’s pretty hard for her to do her job from home and I’ve watched her mental health slide considerably. Taking a lockdown drive to Leicester last April and returning with a kitten for her was somewhat irresponsible/illegal but I don’t regret it one bit, that cat has kept her sane.

Glad you managed to talk to some people and right the ship, staying quiet when you’re struggling doesn’t do you any good 👍

Citrus_9

Expert
Really feel for you, but really pleased you were able to talk about it and get through it! Well done!

It's really tough, there's no doubt. Yesterday morning, for no reason at all (perhaps I'd had a strange dream) I woke up really early convinced I was negatively affecting my team at work. Luckily I felt safe enough to call up some colleagues and get a reality check from them and then had a quick chat with my boss about it also which really helped. I'm extremely lucky that I feel really connected with my team and trust them implicitly, I realise a lot of people may not have that. And when you're in the middle of it, your head makes you believe it's not safe to tell anyone, that they'll judge you for it. Thankfully I've found that I've never been proved right on that assumption, but it's hard when you're in the middle of it.

Whereabouts in Ireland are you based?
Thanks for all that... I know it's hard for all in our own ways.

I'm Dublin - would be nice to go on the coast or to the mountains but damn, within 5km from home I can only have an entertainment of going to Tesco or park. Great is that I can go to work in office at least 1-2 days a week since we have arranged a schedule who's home and who's in office... That at least is a big celebration of going out :cool: Recently discovered walking (3-5km a day) and listening Spotify podcasts, particularly Philosophize This is a great collection of episodes.

Eeesh, sorry you’ve had a tough time of it. Mrs C has been very much in the same boat, she’s been stuck at home for over a year due to her clinically vulnerable status. As a midwife, it’s pretty hard for her to do her job from home and I’ve watched her mental health slide considerably. Taking a lockdown drive to Leicester last April and returning with a kitten for her was somewhat irresponsible/illegal but I don’t regret it one bit, that cat has kept her sane.

Glad you managed to talk to some people and right the ship, staying quiet when you’re struggling doesn’t do you any good 👍
Thanks! Yeah, talking is very important. It took time for me to realise, admit and speak up. A bit scary how things may progress.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for all that... I know it's hard for all in our own ways.

I'm Dublin - would be nice to go on the coast or to the mountains but damn, within 5km from home I can only have an entertainment of going to Tesco or park. Great is that I can go to work in office at least 1-2 days a week since we have arranged a schedule who's home and who's in office... That at least is a big celebration of going out :cool: Recently discovered walking (3-5km a day) and listening Spotify podcasts, particularly Philosophize This is a great collection of episodes.

Thanks! Yeah, talking is very important. It took time for me to realise, admit and speak up. A bit scary how things may progress.
Walking is so good at clearing the mind, imperative for me to get some fresh air, really helps.

I really hope they extend the distance restrictions for you soon!

Stephen M

Author Level
Walking is so good at clearing the mind, imperative for me to get some fresh air, really helps.

I really hope they extend the distance restrictions for you soon!
Agree about walking, when I have stuff to write a lot of it is composed when I am enjoying a country walk. Always used to rely on my memory but these days sometimes take a dictaphone with me.

Got another confirmation of my Devon trip through this morning, am really beginning to believe it will happen.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Agree about walking, when I have stuff to write a lot of it is composed when I am enjoying a country walk. Always used to rely on my memory but these days sometimes take a dictaphone with me.

Got another confirmation of my Devon trip through this morning, am really beginning to believe it will happen.
During lockdown 1 i was doing a regular podcast while out riding the bike, most of it was just waffle to get things out of my head