Creative sond blaster vs asus xonar

GlasgowBhoy

Hi there which is better gonna be using them mostly for loud music and gaming good for headphones aswell , wud be appreciated if any1 helps

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Hi there which is better gonna be using them mostly for loud music and gaming good for headphones aswell , wud be appreciated if any1 helps
I would go for the asus xonar,I have creative sound blaster sound card,it does the job OK for what I want to do when it's working,but sometimes it just doesn't perform the way it should and sometimes the device just disappears for no apparent reason and I need to reinstall drivers.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I had a sound blaster titanium and it was well, not very good. Also creative have discontinued the sound blaster cards, so you wont get any support from them, not that you did before they were discontinued lol.

Yea defo go for a asus card, i have one and its great.

Try and match the soundcard to your choice of speakers/headset.
- analogue headsets/speakers are good with the Asus DXG
- digital headsets/speaker systems are good with the Asus DX. Or higher, such as D2X or higher. Note though, that the D2X is pretty big in size.

Just an fyi, the DXG is a newer PCI-E version of the DG, so in short if you are looking at either of these cards, go for the DXG over the DG.

niklad

I've ordered a creative soundblaster ZX for my new machine which I should get next week. Will let you know what thats like.
Creative make excellent sound card hardware.....unfortunately they let themselves down with their crap driver support.
I have a soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS platinum pro on my current PC (yes, its nearly 8 years old) and it has worked a dream.

I don't know much about asus sound cards, have read mixed reviews about it. Some people swear by them and think they're amazing, others are less impressed.

Am happy to answer any questions about the soundblaster zx card once i've got it.

Keithg

Enthusiast
Had creative and went to xonar.
Been happy since.

Would agree with the comments about creative drivers being their problem.