Ctd

I've had my Pc from PCS for 2 months now and its just started doing this, this last week

When i play any game it will crash to my desktop, yet the game is still running and i have to click back onto the game. It happens every 1-3 mins and is getting really annoying. I looked into this and it said to turn off windows notifications and i did still the same. Also when i type in it randomly justs out and i get the windows "bing bing bing" to say that i'm not typing. Happened twice while typing this -.- and finally while in a game my pc randomly disconnects from the internet. All of this combined is really frustrating.. is there anything i can do?

Kalisnoir

Super Star
The first thing I'd do would be to boot up in safe mode and use a decent anti virus to check you're clean.

sted

Rising Star
Maybe check for any background program's or such that may be running and interfering possibly.

If you're not aware of any ways to check, ctrl + delete brings up the option for the task manager and theres a tab that shows running windows and another that shows all tasks being run, which you can choose to immediately make the task stop.

But be warned, make sure you know what you're doing first as some of those background tasks are needed to be running all the time or can cause problems, such as ending windows explorer, this will make your task bar at the bottom disappear and you won't really be able to open any folders or anything unless your turn the PC off by the button and on again, unless there is a way I don't know of to force windows explorer to start again.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
i wouldn't know what processes to stop though :/
If you want to stop programs from running in the back ground,it's safer to do so from "system configuration", In windows 7 (type msconfig in search box)/click on startup tab/untick everything except antivirus program,apply,then restart computer.
For windows 8,open task manager as sted mentioned,then click on "startup" tab,disable programs from here to stop them starting up and running in back ground,it's a bit risky stopping running processes.

if you want to stop programs from running in the back ground,it's safer to do so from "system configuration", in windows 7 (type msconfig in search box)/click on startup tab/untick everything except antivirus program,apply,then restart computer.
For windows 8,open task manager as sted mentioned,then click on "startup" tab,disable programs from here to stop them starting up and running in back ground,it's a bit risky stopping running processes.

worked <3 ty!!!!!!!!!!

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
worked <3 ty!!!!!!!!!!
Might be worth enabling startup programs one at a time to try and pinpoint the one that is causing the issue,some programs have a habit of automatically reappearing as enabled in "startup",that way you will at least know what caused it and makes it easier to deal with one way or another if it happens again.

Last edited: