current specs

thornhunt

ok for start a bit of background. im a programmer, web developer, DJ, musician and barman. meaning i do alot of programming work aswell as fun ;)
my laptop currently did a backflip and my desctop is abit out if date.
so i thought id step up a little and spend some cash on some new peices

il explain everything below

Case
STYLISH PIANO BLACK ENIGMA MICRO-ATX CASE + 2 FRONT USB

not too bothered about the case. as long as it holds everything together im happy

Processor (CPU)
AMD ATHLON II X4 640 (2.9GHz/2MB CACHE/AM3)

the day you ever get me to use a Intel is when they cremate me and they use a intel chip on the cookers. yehh .. chose this. should be adiquate for my tasks . and cant really chip out for anything better. so should do.

Motherboard
ASUS® M4A78LT-M LE: mATX MAINBOARD, DDR3, USB 2.0, SATA 3.0Gb/s

didnt have a choice

Memory (RAM)
4GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 2GB)

im not planning on reprogramming google or owt. and got bored of 2gb so choce 4. no real logic behind it

Graphics Card
512MB NVIDIA GEFORCE 210 PCI EXPRESS

0MG'Dzzzzz 1337 H4xin Skillz there.. .. wtver. not too worried about playing a game on low settings. if i can see it. im happy. so didnt see the need for a high graphics card

2nd Graphics Card
NONE

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
250GB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7,200rpm)

i already got a 1tb external and 150gb sata hard disk. cant see me running up that much space

2nd Hard Disk
NONE

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NONE

#using my old dvd drive. does the job. so im happy

2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NONE

Memory Card Reader
NONE

same as dvd drive

Power Supply & Case Cooling
350W Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan

can it power my pc.. yes.. am i happy. yes

Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

using my old sound card. happy with it does the trick . if needed i will upgrade in the future

Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT

30mtre cable FTW XD

USB Options
4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

ext HD, mouse, keyboard, HAPPY

Modem
NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND

Floppy Disk Drive
NONE

Firewire & Video Editing
NONE

TV Card
NONE

Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED

yhh you dont supply linux so, il do it my self. plus i will end up dual booting redhat ubunto and win7
happy doing it myself since i want grub as my start boot.

Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE

LOL OFFICE

Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

got my own ..im happy.

Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

if it breaks after a year. iv probially wrote a programm wrong and told it to make all the drivers do dances via level 1 commands or something. yhh

Data Recovery
NONE

pretty used to doing this myself now

Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 8 to 10 working days

shame it takes so long.. but then again i suppose good things come to those who wait

well there we go.. what you guys think.. will it do the trick ? :)

Last edited:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to our forums thornhunt :)

Have you not heard about the new contract Intel have got with the incinerator company? :p

For what you wish to do, the specification you've put together is more than adequate, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised about the case. It's only cheap because we support the price down...

thornhunt

thanks for the replies

i will probially upgrade the gpu in few months. when the monies in my pocket is a little higher XD

iv been thinking about doing that with my external tbh, tho sometimes i like the ability to just unplug it ^_^

ahahaha loolks like im changing my will "...to be cremated via the crematorathalondelux AMDtm " aha.. and it looks like a alright case. will probially end up drawing on it some sort of sierd pictures, will have to upload pics if i do :)