Custom Pc Sound Problem

lee i am

Hi, i bought a pc from here in Dec. Everythings been working fine apart from the sound.

When i'm playing any sort of music through youtube or itunes a white noise suddenly appears like the song is getiing stuck??

And also when i plug my headphones in to the jack at the front the sound carrys on playing through the speakers aswell?

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Forgot to say the sound is coming straight off the motherboard, Which is the P7P55D-E

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Has this been happening from day one?

Is it only on Youtube/itunes?

Have you tried some different speakers?

lee i am

no its been happening since i received it.

It seems to be when its streaming anything and also happens when watching videos offline aswell. The screen sticks and a stuttering sound is released

Ive tried reinstalling windows and a different set of speakers but has not worked

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
no its been happening since i received it.

It seems to be when its streaming anything and also happens when watching videos offline aswell. The screen sticks and a stuttering sound is released

Ive tried reinstalling windows and a different set of speakers but has not worked
More than a sound problem i would think,but hard to pin by what you say,drivers?hardware?best give the call centre a ring tomorrow.

barrydrake

Silver Level Poster
Sounds like broadband not up to speed to me. That kind of thing happens when buffering runs out. Picture freezes and sound does various things. Check your broadband speed and complain!

lee i am

Still haven't fixed this, i can see it being something simple defiantly not broadband speed because its relatively fast and nothing happens on my other pc's

Can i hypercam it on youtube and show it too someone as the sound it creates is hard to describe?? Thanks

Tom DWC

If you could make a vid that would certainly help diagnose the problem yes.

Also, as broadband speed has been suggested can you run a speed test here and report back with the results:

http://www.speedtest.net/

If it's ok then we can at least eliminate it as a possible cause.

pengipete

Rising Star
I can't download a copy of the manual for your audio so this will be a bit vague but VIA audio is actually RealTek and if their other devices and software are anything to go by, headphone muting is diabled by default - you have to change a setting (in their own software - not Windows). You shold find them in the Windows Control Panel - if not, try the Start Menu.