Dead Space 2

MickyG

Enthusiast
On the subject of Bleach though, I really hope they hurry up with doing the English voiced versions, I've been holding back on the last disc of series 5 (the one with the Bounts in the Soul Society) for a week or so, and am really wanting to watch it, but also not so that I still have some new Bleach to watch :) A big dilemma :p

G

spikopsycho

Enthusiast
On the subject of Bleach though, I really hope they hurry up with doing the English voiced versions, I've been holding back on the last disc of series 5 (the one with the Bounts in the Soul Society) for a week or so, and am really wanting to watch it, but also not so that I still have some new Bleach to watch :) A big dilemma :p

G

Wow, I didn't know the English DVD's were like that far behind. Personally, I do prefer the original Japanese versions, as I don't think all that much to the English Dub acting. Although, It is fairly good, but I still just don't like some of the voices given to the characters after hearing them in Japanese. The only dub I've seen that (I think) was done reaaally well was the Full Metal Alchemist Dub.

Do you watch the English episodes when they air on tv, or just wait for DVD's. (I don't know if the english ones do still air at all, as I've only ever watched a few episodes of english DVD's to compare them.

Finally, Bleach has totally hijacked this thread lol :p

Matt

Bright Spark
Just started playing it, great to see if picks up your stuff from Dead Space!

So far no pants soiled... there is time....

You cant im afraid, but its a decent improvement on dead space 1.

If you have a good heatset (g35 :D) then crank the volume up loud, and you will soil many poker dot yellow and brown y-fronts i cant tell thee.

MickyG

Enthusiast
Wow, I didn't know the English DVD's were like that far behind. Personally, I do prefer the original Japanese versions, as I don't think all that much to the English Dub acting. Although, It is fairly good, but I still just don't like some of the voices given to the characters after hearing them in Japanese. The only dub I've seen that (I think) was done reaaally well was the Full Metal Alchemist Dub.

Do you watch the English episodes when they air on tv, or just wait for DVD's. (I don't know if the english ones do still air at all, as I've only ever watched a few episodes of english DVD's to compare them.

Finally, Bleach has totally hijacked this thread lol :p

Yeah its shocking, they've got something like 400 Japanese versions out right? I've seen a couple of parts of Japanese episodes (friend of mine recommended a few to get me started :p) and some of the Japanese voices don't suit the type of character (a main example would be Byakuya) but that's just my views after watching the English dubs.

I buy the DVD box sets, they used to air on FX but they don't show them anymore so I just buy the box sets when they are out.

Hahaha, it had to happen sometime :)

G

darksider

Bronze Level Poster
Anybody played this on pc yet, I loved the first one so will probably get this when I have finished the games I've got.
Are the graphics any good?

I've never actually fininshed the first one as it scared the beejezus out of me... :(

...I finished the second one though. I found it a touch less intimidating. It was far less claustrophobic, imo and your guy moves a lot more freely than in the first one. The sluggishness of Isaac in DS1 added to the general terror of those corridors...

...great game though.

BAD SANTA

I know what you mean, in the first one you never knew if you were going to get your line gun out quick enough and I remember trying to turn around was so slow you were better of running forward first and then turning.
Wow, that was actually a pretty terrifying game more so than resident evil IMO.
I have really got to get this but at the minute I'm playing mass effect 2, black ops, and Dawn of war 2 plus a bit of the redemption beta, the witcher and on top of that and working, teaching myself C#.
I'm exhausted just telling you. Lol