dead

steveuk87

Super Star
ok i was in the middle of posting that my pc was being very frustrating and tempermental.. but it died in the middle of doing it...

over the weekend it wont stay on for more than 30mins and sometimes not even 30 secs!! its just being bloody annoying, sometimes it just restarts and sometimes it doesnt come back, and sometimes just the display goes with the pc still running! i think another RMA is in order.. i would call but i cnt tlk atm with my throat being bad!

Steve

steveuk87

Super Star
yeah.. i cant getto them atm tho.. but i have done virus checks, mem checks, chkdsk's, physical hardware checks and nothing seem to be wrong!! all drivers are up to date

Steve

Matt

Bright Spark
yeah.. i cant getto them atm tho.. but i have done virus checks, mem checks, chkdsk's, physical hardware checks and nothing seem to be wrong!! all drivers are up to date

Steve

If you can (maybe by using safe mode) post a couple of BSOD dmp files. Thats normally a good place to start.

I'm sure some of the guys here will have the windows tools available to read and diagnose the dmp files.

misterdave

Enthusiast
Noooooooo,

Thats not good to hear Steve. strange that its happening now and not as soon as you got it back.

can you hear a whine, whistle or clicking from the PSU?

Is the CPU cooler securely fitted? sound like it could be CPU overheating I know that these can come loose in transit might be causing the CPU to overheat,

Any other symptoms.

steveuk87

Super Star
no cant hear anything, sometimes the BIOS doesnt want to boot but its done that ever since i first got it, and its not a major issue (i assumed custom comes along with a few niggly issues) but i dont think its overheating i got that HWmonitor and no raised temps on GPU or processor at all.

Steve

LDUK

Master Poster
Oh this sucks! I feel bad for you man! I hope it's a little easy to fix fault.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
If the problem continues to occur, please log into your account and raise an RMA request online with a detailed fault report and we'll have good look at it for you.

steveuk87

Super Star
10167 is my RMA number, just a bit fed up now :( booked in for wednesday as i'm out in the morning tomorrow so cant guarantee anyone being around for pick up :(

Steve

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Steve

Because you're our highest ranking non-pcs employee, and heading to be the first non-pcs rising star, and because you've been unfortunate enought to have a problem with your PC, we're going to upgrade your graphics card to a HD 5770 for free.

We'll get your PC back to you as soon as possible :)

steveuk87

Super Star
whoop cheers guys!! i really do love you guys!!! haha it does mean however that i gotta use my craappy laptop to reply to peoples messages, so if i dnt reply as much it because i'm still attempting to post my last message :p

Steve

LDUK

Master Poster
Wow, now that's awesome. I wish that would happen to me, only there's no graphics card I can upgrade to lmao. But no, you deserve it man, your a good guy.

steveuk87

Super Star
haha cheers LDUK :) been a bit frustrating with this, but i've dug my old PS3 out now haha blasting some old games with that!! haha

Steve

Gorman

Author Level
Steve

Because you're our highest ranking non-pcs employee, and heading to be the first non-pcs rising star, and because you've been unfortunate enought to have a problem with your PC, we're going to upgrade your graphics card to a HD 5770 for free.

We'll get your PC back to you as soon as possible :)

That is pretty awesome PCS, big thumbs from me ;)

Simo

Bronze Level Poster
Had a similar thing happen to my old computer. I would be happily playing a game then the computer would switch off. Most times I could reboot and get it back on but eventually It wouldn't boot. All the fans were on but no boot nothing on screen (tried another monitor but same) turned out the psu was about to give up the ghost, got it replaced and got another year out of it before mb blew taking the gf card with it. Too me it sounds like psu.
Good luck anyway, hope its sorted quickly. Nice upgrade mind :)

LDUK

Master Poster
haha cheers LDUK :) been a bit frustrating with this, but i've dug my old PS3 out now haha blasting some old games with that!! haha

Steve

Yeah, your in a sucky situation. So an upgrade of graphics card is desrved I believe. Especially to you lol. Hopefully your get a PC that works next time. They say 3rd times the charm lol.

steveuk87

Super Star
haha whoop yup 3rd time lucky, but i wont loose faith!!! my gf already has but she never had faith neways :) haha BURN THE WITCH!!

Steve

Sweeney47

I'm glad ill still have my Alienware as backup just in case I get a similar situation as you... hopefully wont be needing it though ;)

LDUK

Master Poster
I'll also have a panzy laptop lol. I'll be giving parts of the comp I'm using now to my brother.