del

stegor

Bright Spark
Would depend on the game - if there's disk IO during gameplay (not just paused for loading levels etc) then yes - otherwise it will have no effect. In the majority of games I don't think 2 drives will make any difference.

stegor

Bright Spark
There's nothing wrong with having 2 drives - you can use 1 for data and 1 for boot and games etc or use 1 as a temp backup and so on. If you want a bit of extra speed (load times only) then an SSD as drive 1 is the way, but they're expensive.

Fear

Prolific Poster
Someone posted a youtube video months ago about this and from what i can remember the best results from the tests were 2 good HDD's OS/Games on 1 and recording to the second drive.

Grinder

Enthusiast
Hard drives have nothing to do with FPS and will only improve how many games you want to play at one time.
All they do is store information and load information.If you hate boot up times and loading times then get a SSD drive for windows and your main game.
If you want to run high details and high FPS then you need a good graphics card and a good cpu and memory.

Fear

Prolific Poster
do you use the 2 hard drives? isee your spec states you have 2 640 gb caviar blacks? are they good?

Yes i alway get 2 HDD's on my systems i put all my games and programs on the first and anything else on the second like my music and pictures, and yes i am happy with the performance on them the only thing i would go with above them is an SSD but i will only get 1 of them when they become much more reliable and cheaper.