Deleted

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The most recent BIOS has definitely been a bad move on ASUS's part...I would argue it has created more issues than it has fixed. Back to having issues with CPU-z...running it causes the RAM RGB to stop responding and require a restart. I could downgrade the BIOS again but then I'd need to wait the week+ for permission to do it. Gaming is still stable so I'll live with it.

One thing that is still perplexing me: After a month, I still can't work out what model my GPU is.....I know it's a Zotac but, beyond that, I have no clue...it is definitely not a retail model, at least not one listed on their website. I am guessing that Zotac do OEM only models as mine looks nothing like the retail models
Zotac do indeed do OEM models, which is what they'll generally supply to companies like PCS.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The most recent BIOS has definitely been a bad move on ASUS's part...I would argue it has created more issues than it has fixed. Back to having issues with CPU-z...running it causes the RAM RGB to stop responding and require a restart. I could downgrade the BIOS again but then I'd need to wait the week+ for permission to do it. Gaming is still stable so I'll live with it.

One thing that is still perplexing me: After a month, I still can't work out what model my GPU is.....I know it's a Zotac but, beyond that, I have no clue...it is definitely not a retail model, at least not one listed on their website. I am guessing that Zotac do OEM only models as mine looks nothing like the retail models
Install gpuz, there's a lookup button to the right which will tell you exactly what model

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks..didn't know there was a GPU-z. Apparently it is a Zotac Trinity...which is interesting as the Trinity looks really nice whereas mine is just a brick! Definitely an OEM model then....they look absolutely nothing alike :eek:

Zotac Trinity:

View attachment 37233

Brick:

View attachment 37234
Yours is an OEM version, they're often less "blingy"

But it's a great card never the less, the actual bones of it are solid.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I love the GPU and it does what I need...and I don't actually mind how it looks as the RGB looks nice. It's just shows how different an OEM card is from a Retail version. It was just confusing me trying to work it out..that's one less thing to worry about...now I can go back to full-time worrying about the BIOS :ROFLMAO:
I know, it's weird between OEM parts and retail.

I get the packaging is different on OEM products so you don't get the nice boxes, but it is weird how they actually have a different physical model design, even if it's just the shroud.