Delivery Times Experiment.

fgv

Please post the time (in working and non-working days) it took your laptop/PC to be delivered. And the date upon which you placed your order. No long QQtext though pls.This should give readers an estimate of what to expect during the time when they order theirs if they can see other people, who ordered at a similar times results.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
A mod correct me if I am wrong, but isnt this technically what PCS do anyway with the lead times? Every few months take the average or summit for all the orders over that period?

The reason I bring this up is that any info gathered here will actually likely be scewed to longer times, because invariably those most interested in the thread would be those that may have had a longer wait time (hence they are here?).

BUT! Because you asked so nicely!

Production 29/03/11
Delivery 14/04/11

Non-Working days = 16/17
Working days = 13

So right on the money :D

Gorman

Author Level
A mod correct me if I am wrong, but isnt this technically what PCS do anyway with the lead times? Every few months take the average or summit for all the orders over that period?

Correct, its calculated automatically.

This experiment although may be helpful to some is a bit doomed from the start, the vast majority of customers dont even know there is a forum nevermind post here!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Now you've ruined it for me Gorm! I had a picture in my head of you (ofc just you) working it all out with your abacus!!!

LFFPicard

Godlike
Not to mention this will very hugely on the time of year etc.

But not one to spoil things.

Ordered:
11-03-2011 (Friday)

Processed Date:
11-03-2011 (Friday)

Build Date:
14-03-2011 (Monday)

Test Date:
14-03-2011 (Monday)

QC Date:
15-03-2011 (Tuesday)

Awaiting Dispatch Date:
16-03-2011 (Wednesday)

Dispatch Date:
16-03-2011 (Wednesday)

Phil_B

Its in your sig numpty!

Ha ha

ordered 29th March (Tuesday)
despatched 15th April (Friday) but I asked that it not be delivered 15th as I was away so this may have extended things by a day
delivered 18th April (Monday)
12 working days to despatch
20 total days from order to delivery

So all within quoted times and very pleased with everything.

Mabby

Product ordered: Desktop.

Ordered:29th April (Bank Holiday).
Built and tested: 3rd May (note that 2nd May was a Bank Holiday).
QA completed and despatched 4th May.

On DHL van for delivery tomorrow.

So 2 working days to build and get out the door. Pretty impressive I'd say.

SteveB

Gold Level Poster
Processed Date
08-09-2010

Pre-Production Date
14-09-2010

Build Date
12-10-2010

Test Date
13-10-2010

QC Date
14-10-2010

Awaiting Dispatch Date
15-10-2010

Dispatch Date
15-10-2010

Beat that lol

Edit: I hope my laptop arrives quicker :D

SteveB

Gold Level Poster
Before the guy's at pcs start shouting at me lol In their defense a componant was oyt of stock and it was my choice to wait ;)

Frq

I take it you done fastrack delivery option? I ordered my new laptop on the 18th of April and it only entered the pre-production stage yesterday because of the bank holidays, it's very frustrating :(

roosta

Sorry to disappoint you, Frq, but I have ordered a similar laptop to you (saw your post in another thread) and I have been waiting since 13th April. That's 12 days and it is still in Pre-production (whatever that is). Makes you wonder how their 5-7 day average is worked out - are some people receiving laptops in 2 days flat?!

Frustrated too.

Frq

Nope. I did standard time.

In that case, well in there mate !! :)

@ Roosta, is it stock issues? if not then I suppose it begs the question: how can order (2) placed after order (1) be fulfilled before order (1) is if the system in place is a first come, first served system? desktop v laptop? component shortages?, staff shortages? and your < 10 days off the 30 day guarantee? no wonder your frustrated man.

roosta

How do I tell if it's stock issues? The only communications I have received so far from PCS is to say it sometimes takes 7-8 days before production starts. It wouldn't be quite so bad but a 3 weeks is a long time to go with only a puny netbook to work with!

Maybe if I reach the 30-day mark I'll get it free! (are you listening PCS?)

@nthony

That's just so not fair!!