Dell u1913WM entering power save mode

Plugged into DVI port. My other monitor is an ASUS PB278 and it is plugged into hdmi port and all is working correctly. I've turned some of the sleep settings on computer off but may have missed some.

Graphics card is 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660.

Apologies if I've missed any vital info not very knowledgeable

steaky360

I'm not sure what the issue is, does the monitor go into power saving mode? Or is the PC in power saving mode?

steaky360

That seems to be a sign of it receiving no signal. Does it come on at all?

Am I understanding correctly, this is a 'second' monitor? Have you either extended your desktop or cloned it so that it will appear on both monitors? Right click and go into screen resolution, this should show both your monitors attached to the PC. Also in that window there is an option for multiple displays. Ensure you have chosen extend my desktop (or clone it).

Rakk

The Awesome
Bizarrely, I had a very similar problem like this last night, though both my monitors are connected with DVI.

Turned my machine on, clicked on my Chrome icon, at which point it always brings up my Chrome window with its 10 tabs or so open on my second screen and the screen went completely blank, so I stared back at it blankly, clicked another few things that always open on my second monitor, stared blankly again, opened Nvidia control panel, its still quick happily recognised my second monitor was still there, stared blankly again, checked to make sure the connectors were still screwed into place (they were), scowled ....
Then I just disconnected the cable from the back of my PC, saw everything jump to the first monitor, left it 30 secs and reconnected my monitor again and lo and behold it had all sorted it's life out.

Don't know what was up with it, I just presumed it was a one-off, but I'll be watching out for it, my GPU is a GTX770 - and I have recently upgraded from Win8 to Win 8.1 and it had just done some windows updates the previous night or so, so I'm hoping it was just an update related hiccup.

It turns on but does not display anything other than "Going into power save mode" 3-5 seconds later. I have three monitors, two of them are the dell of the same model and both are having the same problem, both attempting to connect to dvi ports.

They are recognized by the computer when I look at my running devices and I've set my computer to extend the displays.

Here are the specs of the computer I've ordered. Hopefully this helps.

Case STYLISH BLACK/SILVER TRIDENT CASE + 2 FRONT USB
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4770k (3.5GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® Z87M-PLUS: m-ATX, USB3.0, SATA 6.0, XFIRE
Memory (RAM) 32GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB KIT)
Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660 - 2 x DVI, HDMI, - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card NONE
3rd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 960GB CRUCIAL M500 SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 500MB/sR | 400MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk NONE
RAID NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY
Processor Cooling INTEL STANDARD CPU COOLER
Extra Case Fans NONE
Fan Controller NONE
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E CARD
Wireless Router/HomePlugs NONE
USB Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Modem NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND
Firewire NONE
TV Card NONE
Power Cable 1 x 2 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence

steaky360

Try to unplug the third monitor and just have the two dell monitors attached, see if that makes a difference (maybe its a resolution thing or something?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I would try this,shut down computer,disconnect the two Dell monitor DVI connections from graphics card,restart and shut down computer,reconnect one of the Dell monitors,restart computer and set to extend these displays.
If successful,shut down computer,connect third monitor,restart and set to extend these displays again,then restart computer.

Kuniva

Silver Level Poster
I would uninstall the graphics driver and try download a different version, maybe a newer or an older one. If it's the latest driver then it could be bugged, if it's an older one then it could have poor support.