Desk . conrol Deck

Amethyst

Silver Level Poster
Hello,

I wondered if any one had some good/ interesting recommendation on place to go to for a new computer desk for the snazzy desktops.

Amethyst

Silver Level Poster
Hello,

at the moment just window shopping. I think for desk potential budge might be £300 - 500

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
What do you want from the desk? What features do you have in mind, if any?

e.g. a hole in it like some office desks have to route cables down, built-in storage (though you could use a matching under-desk draw unit on castors), etc.

I use an Ikea Galant (which may have been rebranded to Bekant?). It's suitably adjustable in terms of height and has survived various dismantling and reassembling. It's quite happy with my ~15kg PC sat on it. Although on its own its basically just a flat, solid table.

Last edited:

Amethyst

Silver Level Poster
Hello,

Storage is a Priority at the moment. Unless I had an extra room. Table also get used for craft projects and warping xmas / birthday presents so need a wide area. Also like room for legs under the desk. so although i like the look of the hidden desks that look like cupboard etc they are not feasible.

had not thought to look at ikea.

any on know of some thing like the ikea - Workstation FREDDE Black but with more storage?

Last edited:

Amethyst

Silver Level Poster
Hi,

i looked at the hermes Not sure if i could have my montor high enought with that desk. but there are no measurements in the description.

Rakk

The Awesome
Hi,

i looked at the hermes Not sure if i could have my monitor high enough with that desk. but there are no measurements in the description.

Some monitors you can adjust the height for anyways, but mine can't so I use monitor risers, but there are also monitor stands which will raise them further up as well, means you have a bit more freedom than a built in monitor shelf :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,

i looked at the hermes Not sure if i could have my montor high enought with that desk. but there are no measurements in the description.

The shelves in the top portion can be placed at any heaight and you can remove ones you don't want. I took my monitor off the stand and mounted it with a bracket to the back of the case.

Amethyst

Silver Level Poster
Hi,

Thanks. I tend yo ue an empty roses time as a monitor stand. the plain Hermes can that be painted or is it varnished?

Amethyst

Silver Level Poster
Hello Again,

looking for some more advice.

I had thought about getting Freede workstation

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/desks/desk-computer-desks/fredde-workstation-black-art-50219044/

But gone to ikea and measure and the measured again and it does not have enough clearance for my computer at the base. is it best to re think desk options or would it be a better idea to get mobile computer stand trolley
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IG93...olid=2LKSLL82NJHJI&coliid=IFPO4N35G5WDD&psc=1
and just not attach on of the side panels?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
We tend to use Galant/Bekant tables and build up the extra things we need around them. So get a separate unit of drawers to go underneath where that's required etc.

Amethyst

Silver Level Poster
Hello,

thanks for the response. I am not so interested in the draws as the vertical storage or hutch style. with the Galant desk do you have your computer on the floor?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I have my PC on the desk next to me, though it would fit under the desk on the floor. I imagine you can get separate vertical storage.

TommyBarnez

This is what I've gone with from ikea - http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/...-linnmon-table-black-brown-grey-spr-29047257/

It is wide at 2m with good leg room underneath. I also have some other bits stored underneath currently which havent caused a problem.

I'm planning on putting some shelving on the wall above the desk for extra storage and maybe an LED strip along the back the make it a bit snazzier...

Only downside to the desk is the width at 60cm. It's not a huge problem however it just made me spend some extra time considering monitor footprint.

Yardem

Silver Level Poster
Only downside to the desk is the width at 60cm. It's not a huge problem however it just made me spend some extra time considering monitor footprint.

I would suggest using one of these for your monitor:
DM351X2_Desk_Mount_Main__20223_zoom.jpg

I own several and I'm very happy with them.

TommyBarnez

Thanks Yardem, I hadn't really considered arms as in my head they went with multiscreen setups though obviously no reason they cant be used with single screen.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks Yardem, I hadn't really considered arms as in my head they went with multiscreen setups though obviously no reason they cant be used with single screen.

I've got mine setup on an arm attached to the desk also, very handy, save a lot of space on the desk