Desks?

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
i really need a new desk as the one im using is too small which means my monitors are distorted, my pc has to be underneath with causes it to overheat as there is no room for the fans. If anyone has one or knows where to get a decent one please tell me, if looked at the popular sites but it is hard as i need one which is a minimum of 60 inches long.

jonny123

Bright Spark
You could try make one?
Plenty of tutorials online i would imagine and you could make it to what you want.

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
Nah, im a total stress head so i would end up killing someone and also the price of the materials and tools....

donegal

Bronze Level Poster
Try secondhand office furniture outlets. I have bought steel filing cabinets etc. at a fifth of the price of new.

Narcotics

Rising Star
ikea VIKA AMON Table top, black-brown £30
Length: 200 cm
Width: 60 cm
Thickness: 3.4 cm
Max. load: 50 kg

VIKA ADILS Leg, black x4 £10
Diameter: 4 cm
Height: 70 cm
Max. load/leg: 50 kg

Last edited:

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
Do you reckon that will be able to hold my full tower and all 3 monitors, im only worried as my pc weighs alot

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
Well i just looked and 50kg is equal to 110 pounds and i have weights and there is no way that my pc and monitors add up to 110 pounds :)

Narcotics

Rising Star
You could even add this for some storage VIKA ANNEFORS Table leg with storage, black & 2x legs & a pack of BJÄRNUM Folding hook, aluminium to hang headphone/headset

Narcotics

Rising Star
I bit the bullet and got the ikea desk here are some pics. I still need to clean the wires and put some other things up but I like it a lot!
SAM_1198.jpg

SAM_1197.jpg

SAM_1193.jpg

Rakk

The Awesome
That looks like a big desk!

I'm planning on getting a new desk next week (this one I'm currently using is too small and looks a bit suspect)

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
Im not to sure what one ill need, i just measured and my pc is 9inches wide and my desk at the moment is about 48inches long so it should be ok, the only thing is i now need to find a small bookcase sort of thing to put all my games and dvds.

Jedimaca

Bronze Level Poster
Sweet setup ya got there fella wouldn't mind getting me one of them tracktor control s4's one day, what do you think of it? Are they any good for scratching with?

Narcotics

Rising Star
Sweet setup ya got there fella wouldn't mind getting me one of them tracktor control s4's one day, what do you think of it? Are they any good for scratching with?

It's an S2 and no it's not good for scratching well not anything advanced anyway. I think it would be nice with a Innofader but I have a set of SL 1210-M3D to scratch on. I just find the controller makes things so much easier and gives you more time to be creative where as on vinyl my hands are never of it.

Last edited: