Desks?

Jordyshaw

Bronze Level Poster
@Narcotics : Really nice setup dude, is that a Microsoft Sidewinder X4?

As fr the desk I was on a budget for one myself... didn't want to spend over like 40 pound if I could help it, got mine from someone selling a IKEA desk off gumtree, was lucky enough to get a 90 desk for 20 pound in good condition too. Second hand furniture shops are a good place to start too. Find IKEA, Staples and places like that are too overpriced for a simple desk in my opinion, could make one for a quarter of the price.

Jedimaca

Bronze Level Poster
It's an S2 and no it's not good for scratching well not anything advanced anyway. I think it would be nice with a Innofader but I have a set of SL 1210-M3D to scratch on. I just find the controller makes things so much easier and gives you more time to be creative where as on vinyl my hands are never of it.

Ah I see, I used to have a pair of so 1210 mk2's many years ago aint got the space or time anymore so they had to go, I have a numark total control at the moment which is pretty lame but is ok for doing my own mixes via virtual dj. Want to upgrade one day when I get some spare doh was wondering what the tracktor control was like, maybe have to get a A vestax vci 300 or something similar one day.

Narcotics

Rising Star
@Narcotics : Really nice setup dude, is that a Microsoft Sidewinder X4?

As fr the desk I was on a budget for one myself... didn't want to spend over like 40 pound if I could help it, got mine from someone selling a IKEA desk off gumtree, was lucky enough to get a 90 desk for 20 pound in good condition too. Second hand furniture shops are a good place to start too. Find IKEA, Staples and places like that are too overpriced for a simple desk in my opinion, could make one for a quarter of the price.

Yes I have a Sidewinder X4 upload some pics of your desk I would like to see it.

Narcotics

Rising Star
Ah I see, I used to have a pair of so 1210 mk2's many years ago aint got the space or time anymore so they had to go, I have a numark total control at the moment which is pretty lame but is ok for doing my own mixes via virtual dj. Want to upgrade one day when I get some spare doh was wondering what the tracktor control was like, maybe have to get a A vestax vci 300 or something similar one day.

The S2 is amazing this is the best mapping for it http://audioj.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/290 0172

Some free mappings https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings?search[midi_controller_id]=2

[video=youtube;odVks5QL9jc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odVks5QL9jc[/video]

Jordyshaw

Bronze Level Poster
How is it, I've ordered the same keyboard for my pc :) at the moment its pretty much a mess, i'll be uploading photos of my rig when it comes so the desk will be on them anyway. It's like 120cm width and depth about 62cm, has draws on the right side and its like a beech desk, not entirely sure if its IKEA or not but thats what it was stated, either way it fits in my little box room and should do the job! :)

Narcotics

Rising Star
How is it, I've ordered the same keyboard for my pc :) at the moment its pretty much a mess, i'll be uploading photos of my rig when it comes so the desk will be on them anyway. It's like 120cm width and depth about 62cm, has draws on the right side and its like a beech desk, not entirely sure if its IKEA or not but thats what it was stated, either way it fits in my little box room and should do the job! :)

It's a really nice keyboard probably the best in that price range.

Jedimaca

Bronze Level Poster
I see looks fun makes me want one, Ean Golden got some sick skills on him. Noticed that Midi fighter box you got next to the tracktor s2 as well thought I'd saw it somewhere before..

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
I went ikea yesterday and got my desks and legs, i got home and demolished the other desk and just as i went to put the new one together i realised that i didnt have the right screwdriver, next morning i found one in my garage and put it together, then i realised that my ethernet cable was a little bit to short and one of my monitors couldnt reach and that i need a mouse mat. I went to maplins and got it all and i have just finished it now. :)

Before IMG_0243.jpg

NowIMG_0244.jpg

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I went ikea yesterday and got my desks and legs, i got home and demolished the other desk and just as i went to put the new one together i realised that i didnt have the right screwdriver, next morning i found one in my garage and put it together, then i realised that my ethernet cable was a little bit to short and one of my monitors couldnt reach and that i need a mouse mat. I went to maplins and got it all and i have just finished it now. :)

BeforeView attachment 2473

NowView attachment 2474

Nice set up :)

Rakk

The Awesome

Hehe, now when I started putting my new desk together I left the old one in one piece until I had the new one built and put in place :)
looks nice though - looks a lot nicer than the old desk