Desktop PC for Multi-Monitor and Gaming Desktop

Hey everyone, I just would like your advice on this Desktop I have chosen and if there is anything worth changing to make it better/more efficient.

Thank you for any help you can give.

James

My Spec is as follows:

Case
InWIN BLACK DRAGON RIDER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3770K (3.5GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® MAXIMUS V GENE: M-ATX, INTEL Z77 ROG MOTHERBOARD
Memory (RAM)
16GB KINGSTON HYPERX GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 2133MHz X.M.P(4 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
3GB AMD RADEON™ HD7970 - DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
512GB TOSHIBA® HG3 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 220MB/sR | 180MB/sW)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
12x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£69)
Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE INTEL CPU COOLER (£19)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
2 PORT USB 3.0 INTERNAL PCI-EX CARD + STANDARD USB PORTS
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence (£139)
Office Software
Microsoft® Office Home & Student 2010 (1 License Product Key Card) (£82)
Anti-Virus
NORTON 360 SUITE - 1 Year Licence for upto 3 PCs (£26) *SPECIAL*
DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables
2 x 2 METRE GOLD PLATED V1.4 HDMI CABLE (£15)
Eyefinity / GeForce 3D Vision
Active Display Port to DVI Adapter (3 MONITOR SETUPS) (£20)
Cable Tidy
3 x JML 1.5M Zip Cable Tidy - Professional Cable Management (£10)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 9 to 11 working days
Quantity

Price: £1,673.00 including VAT and delivery.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
If it is just for gaming I'd go with the i5-3570 and a different motherboard since the one you selected is a micro board with less expansion slots.

Okay Thank you for the Information Much appreciated.

I have changed the Motherboard to a ASUS® SABERTOOTH Z77: USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, THERMAL ARMOR

keynes

Multiverse Poster
For your budget you could get a crossfire or SLI set up, how many monitors are you planning to use?

I am planning to Mainly use Two, but I may expand to a third sometime down the line. But It will almost most likely be a Dual Screen setup.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
If you are planning in adding a 2nd HD 7970 you may want to consider a 750w PSU. 8gb memory ram is plenty for gaming and higher memory bandwidth does not provide a noticeable difference, 1333mhz or 1600mhz should give you similar performance. The speed on the SSD you selected are low compare to other choices, I'd go with an intel or kingston SSD and a caviar black as a secondary drive.

I've been look at specs and I will be using a Dual Screen for 97-98% of what I want to do, a third monitor in that case would be ill-advised so I will keep with the one HD7970, That should keep the Wattage down to 650w area. I have left the Memory as it is, as you suggested I have a 1TB Caviar Black as my secondary drive, My 1st Drive is a 180GB INTEL 520 SSD.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
One more question if someone can answer this, With my Spec above, what kind of Monitor Cables is best, the DVI-D or the HDMI?
If your monitor has a DVI-D and HDMI port it will make no difference,unless you want to transfer sound to monitor speakers through HDMI,but this can be done just as easy with a DVI and audio cable.

Okay, Thank you so much for the advice, I have changed it in accordance with what you said so I appreciate all the help you have given. Thank you kind sir!