Different blu ray drive.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Ive just noticed when trying to install blu ray software,I've got a different drive.The drive was an LG before my last rma, but its been changed to iHBS112,(LITE ON?)so the software disc I have Is no good & I didn't receive software with the new drive.So basically the drive is useless to me unless I buy software for It?

Nemesis

Dang that sounds annoying!!

Doesnt sound like the common sense we normally associate with PCS

Ahh thats more like it :)

Last edited:

Tom DWC

If the software you've already got on disc is just a generic player such as CyberLink then it should still work with the different drive. :)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
If the software you've already got on disc is just a generic player such as CyberLink then it should still work with the different drive. :)

I've tried It tom,It tells me this software can only be installed with LG drive.

Meds

You're PC was rebuilt and many components were changed in what was a very difficult RMA (as you know! :))

The correct software is in the post, give it a couple of days for Royal Mail to get it there!

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
You're PC was rebuilt and many components were changed in what was a very difficult RMA (as you know! :))

The correct software is in the post, give it a couple of days for Royal Mail to get it there!

Yes I know pcs had a hard time with It,but all seems well now,touch wood.Thanks for the disc,excellent customer service as usual.