Dilema!! Help!

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Ok so as some of you know I have my PC on order.

I have an i7 2600k overclocked, and have the titan fenrir to cool it. Now from reading lots of websites the fenrir will do a fantastic job, even better than things like the corsair h50.

What is it like in comparison to the first watercooler PCS offer? the £49 one. And is it possibly worth me upgrading the £10 to it? I am not too worried about water going everywhere in the case of a breakage anymore as I have the 3 year gold warranty on it.

The last thing is if I do decide to change, can I actually change now that im in pre-production?

Any advice would be much appreciated as I expect my system will go into build sometime monday.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I've got a eco in push/pull dude. lol another thing that's not 100% needed. But I upgraded due to the fact I would lose the side fan if I went for the titan. I have no idea how the titan performs in reference to the eco. But I'm impressed with the Eco. The corsair H series are apparently good too, but as you have the 3 year warranty you pcs to install it so it's covered.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Hmm I think im probably gonna end up stickin with the fenrir for now, and will probably change the fan on it to a silent typhoon, might create a mounting bracket to mount a second fan on it too get two silent typhoons on it. Noise levels seem to be the same with the eco and the fenrir when under load and thts only reason id have changed for the eco tbh, so think getting some silent typhoons should help the noise significantly

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Hmm I think im probably gonna end up stickin with the fenrir for now, and will probably change the fan on it to a silent typhoon, might create a mounting bracket to mount a second fan on it too get two silent typhoons on it. Noise levels seem to be the same with the eco and the fenrir when under load and thts only reason id have changed for the eco tbh, so think getting some silent typhoons should help the noise significantly

I'm guessing you want it running pretty quiet then?

Lol I'm not very concerned about noise, more about the temperature as I killed my old laptop because it was too hot. I added two akasa vipers in a push/pull config that spin up to 1900rpm max, lol so there is a bit of noise, but keeps the cpu cool.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Im not bothered about a bit of noise, but this is my work computer so I will be using it for 9-15 hours a day hence why I need it to not be too noisy. I have literally no idea how loud it will be though which is kinda frustrating. I know the two GTX 580's have an under load noise level; of around 50dB, the titan can have under load of around 60 which is double the level of the 580's and no idea about the case. But as with anythin, its hard to tell noise levels based on numbers :(