Does anybody know any strategic / tactical FPS games.

bigben

Master Poster
Hi,
Basically, I'm bored of the one man goes and kills 227 people every mission style of game.
I'd like something which you have to be a bit more tactical to get through rather than just running and gunning everything that moves.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I dont think there are any "recent" tactical FPS games, that are half decent that is.

Well, you could try Arma 3, although that is pretty nails! and for some reason very hard to control.

mog3

Silver Level Poster
Arma 3 (tricky to learn all contols though, 2's not bad either), Dayz not played it but looks awesome (my son says its the DB, and its strategic cos if you die you have to start all over again)

bigben

Master Poster
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

If it does not have to be FPS then try Commandos :D

Haha. My brother used to have the first Commandos game and let me play it, I used to love that game although I did suck at it (I couldn't have been more than 7 at the time...)!

I've tried Arma 2 but never felt the love, is Arma 3 much different?

Not tried any Rainbow 6 games for years either, I think my brother used to have one on original Xbox and you could control players with the Xbox headset which would have been pretty cool if it had been able to understand my voice.. Obviously wasn't designed for 9 year old Bristolians.
I might give Vegas 2 a go though.

Played Fallout 3 quite a few times - really good game.

Alex1x1x1

if you get Steam they have plenty of gems and i highly recommend DayZ standalone, very fun slower paced FPS. also try Insurgency which is a hardcore, tactical mod of Counter Strike. both available on steam. arma 3 is basically arma 2 with better graphics, different maps, more guns, vehicles and same difficult controls, they're worth mastering though as the mods for it are incredibly fun

Androcles

Rising Star
The Arma series of games is very good, it's FPS but you have to think about thing more, on the single/co-op player side of things the NPC's can be extremely sneaky especially with the realistic day/night cycles.