Does santa bring all the presents?

Iceash

Bronze Level Poster
Hi guy's just wondering how your household does santa, as this is becoming a bit of contention between me and my wife, the question is

1. does santa bring all the presents on xmas eve

or

2. does santa only bring presents from himself.

trying to have a stable lore for my 2 girls 3 and 2 years old.

would be nice to have some insight as to how other families do this whole santa business

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
well my parents put the presents in the living room earlyish in the morning, although it gets later and later, they always want to lay in on christmas, although definitely not this year, im opening my present as soon as im up

Last edited:

PokerFace

Banned
Hi guy's just wondering how your household does santa, as this is becoming a bit of contention between me and my wife, the question is

1. does santa bring all the presents on xmas eve

I thought PCS only used Yodel :santa:

well my parents put the parents in the living room earlyish in the morning, although it gets later and later, they always want to lay in on christmas, although definitely not this year, im opening my present as soon as im up

So your grandparents are put in the living room? Don't they fancy a lie-in too? ;)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Been some time for me haha, but my parents used to put all the presents under a few days before Christmas. I think anyway was a long time ago.

Iceash

Bronze Level Poster
I thought PCS only used Yodel :santa:

If pcs used santa on xmas eve wouldn't be happy as hopeing new pc will be here towards the end of the week :)

and looks like wozza365 family had santa bring everything, while tom_gr7 had santa bring just a few gifts on xmas eve, hopefully a few more reply's and i can figure out wether to back down or say we will do it my way.

spikopsycho

Enthusiast
When me and my siblings were all little, we had a few from 'santa' and most from people. But we also opened our presies on Christmas Eve, (A German Tradition apparently), so we had to go upstairs while santa put all the presents there, for us to come back down and open them.

Weird but yes, when we were young enough to beleive it eh lol :p

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Yeah, tbh we put the presents from family out over the week ro so before xmas day, then christmas night mum and dad would coem down and put a few presents in the stocking from santa. Those under the tree were always from family, those in stocking generally from santa.

LightningMat

Yeah, tbh we put the presents from family out over the week ro so before xmas day, then christmas night mum and dad would coem down and put a few presents in the stocking from santa. Those under the tree were always from family, those in stocking generally from santa.

That's exactly how we did it with our kids - Much easier that way, and builds the excitement for the kids as they see presents from family and friends waiting for them under the tree, then magically a bunch more presents from Santa arrive over night ready for christmas morning :santa:

... That is, until they stop believing in Santa!!... But now, we still only put out the "Surprise" presents once the kids have gone to bed :sleep1:, so they still have a few surprise pressies in the morning! :)

JMOB

Bronze Level Poster
My favourite night of the year used to by Christmas Eve. The required bottle of wine and chocolates might have had something to do with this!

We'd get the kids to bed, then get out all the presents, doing any last minute wrapping. We put all the presents into a pile for each child. Santa brought all the presents, with some being specially requested by family - "Aunty Kathy asked Santa to get you ....".

It was so much fun sitting with all those gifts, trying to listen in case the kids came down. Now, they're too old and I miss the pretending.

Enjoy it while you can.

Bluesteel

My little one will be 3 this Christmas so will have a lot better understanding of Santa and Christmas. The presents will not go under the tree until after she has gone to Bed. But the belief will be helped along with judicial use of NORAD Tracks Santa which will start around Mid day Christmas Eve as the international date line between Alaska and USSR pass Midnight, this way we will be able to build up some expectation. Or it could all back fire and she doesn't go to sleep and refuses to go away from the computer, Until Santa has moved on to other parts of the world, then we will have to explain that because we were awake Santa decided not to stop at our house.

Iceash

Bronze Level Poster
Thx for those that have replied to this thread, helps me alot. just one thing Bluesteel you mentioned about tracking santa on your pc, and then your daughter going to bed. There has been some studies on the light that enters the eye from a pc screen, it helps to confuse the body into thinking it's daylight it's seeing. so yes you might have a few probs getting her to sleep with pc and the thought of santa.:santa:

Bluesteel

Thx for those that have replied to this thread, helps me alot. just one thing Bluesteel you mentioned about tracking santa on your pc, and then your daughter going to bed. There has been some studies on the light that enters the eye from a pc screen, it helps to confuse the body into thinking it's daylight it's seeing. so yes you might have a few probs getting her to sleep with pc and the thought of santa.:santa:

Not as bad as last year. Because her birthday is not far from christmas day, and we had all that horrible weather. She was basically opening a present every day for 2 weeks as they trickled through. Then on boxing day she gets my dad out of bed, and say 'come one grandpa I have more presents'.