Does the SLI bridge come with the computer?

slane

Bronze Level Poster
Just wondering if you get the sli bridge for joining GPUs together, since the size of the bridge is dependent on the the layout of teh motherboard, and I read somewhere that you normally get the bridge with an SLI ready motherboard. Cheers.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
The SLI Bridge comes with SLI compatible motherboards. If you order a PC from here though with only a single graphics card you wont by default get the SLI Bridge, if you want it included just stick a note onto your order and theyll add it in for you, or just talk to one of the customer service people.

As you said, the sli bridge is dependant on spacing between pci-e slots and therefore is supplied with motherboard not graphics cards.

slane

Bronze Level Poster
Also you don't happen to know if the 3gb nvidia 580 GPU is a third party product as I haven't been ble to find an official 3gb version. How would this work with SLI? Thanks.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
the 3gb is normally a palit version thats what i have anywhay and i belive frenchy also has palit gtx580 in sli

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
the 3gb is normally a palit version thats what i have anywhay and i belive frenchy also has palit gtx580 in sli

I do indeed, mine werent from PCS though, although I do believe PCS cards tend to be Palit. It just depends on what stock they have at the time of build.

Pete

Bright Spark
if you're ordering a single card as i did, i had to ask for my sli bridge when i noticed that it wasn't in the pack. it was sent by post and i had it in a day or two.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
frenchy quick question do you use 2 sli bridges? as ive seen people use both on many setups

People using 2 SLI Bridges are using them mistakenly, to connect two cards oyu only need 1 bridge, 3 cards you need two bridges, and four cards you need 3 bridges.