drag and drop problem

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I managed to clean install win 7 as shown in the link deleted the old partitions etc it all installed fine unfortunately it has not solved the original problems still can not drag and drop from audio CD and the DVD-RW will not read and install from some software discs but will recognise tracks on a cd and play them. It is a new dvd writer and other functions on the pc seem fine!!
What version of windows 7 have you installed? Which Service Pack?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I managed to clean install win 7 as shown in the link deleted the old partitions etc it all installed fine unfortunately it has not solved the original problems still can not drag and drop from audio CD and the DVD-RW will not read and install from some software discs but will recognise tracks on a cd and play them. It is a new dvd writer and other functions on the pc seem fine!!
Did you install all necessary drivers after installing Windows?

Sent using Tapatalk

glenm

I installed Windows 7 hp 32 bit . Download from ms only a week or so ago.the only drivers not in Windows i ve loaded so far age for my interface. I had to take them from a usb stick as the DVD drive read the disk but would not install from it.But even in Windows media player it won't drag and drop.I have never had to separately load drivers special before only for extra hardware.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I installed Windows 7 hp 32 bit . Download from ms only a week or so ago.the only drivers not in Windows i ve loaded so far age for my interface. I had to take them from a usb stick as the DVD drive read the disk but would not install from it.But even in Windows media player it won't drag and drop.I have never had to separately load drivers special before only for extra hardware.
You would need to install drivers for the chipset and everything, otherwise it's not configured.

And you realise 32bit windows will only address 3.7Gb of RAM?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I only have 2 gig in it.
As PCS sell custom desktops and laptops we can't advise on self builds or competitor builds, it would be best to check out Tom's Hardware which is an open forum.

You just need to go to the manufacturers site for each component and download drivers and install.

glenm

not sure on the make no badge the motherboard is asrock and the cpu intel .although when i go to device manager it says all the drivers are there and up to date? the win 7 was service pack 1 if this makes any difference.I must say the problems are just the same as before fresh installing windows and i guess the drivers where there before I"m wondering if something deeper is wrong since the cmos battery went down nothing is the same I don"t think this should cause such problems but it seems a bit odd

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
not sure on the make no badge the motherboard is asrock and the cpu intel .although when i go to device manager it says all the drivers are there and up to date? the win 7 was service pack 1 if this makes any difference.I must say the problems are just the same as before fresh installing windows and i guess the drivers where there before I"m wondering if something deeper is wrong since the cmos battery went down nothing is the same I don"t think this should cause such problems but it seems a bit odd
You’d have to raise it on toms hardware, this forum is for help with PCS systems.