Driver Updaters

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Heya guys so we all know that it's important to keep your drivers updated, so I was wondering if any of you use one of these 2 programs, they detect any new updates for your drivers which makes the task a lot quicker.

If you do are they good at detecting updates for newer hardware like the new graphics card, mobos etc..?

DriverMax

Slimdrivers

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Personally I wouldn't use a driver update program,in my experience they can do more harm than good.Best visit manufacturers websites for latest driver updates.

baron75mk2

Banned
Personally I wouldn't use a driver update program,in my experience they can do more harm than good.Best visit manufacturers websites for latest driver updates.

I second this - i have a m8 that uses various driver update programs & is always having issues with his pc , one of them keeps downloading the wrong driver for his GPU.

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Yeah it does look like it SlimDrivers is pretty good tbh it only found one valid update when I ran it but Drivermax kinda found an update for every component ^^.

DM uses a shared library of drivers that are present on other users' PCs, and tells you to update every time someone has a newer version but there's a higher chance of error. A lot of these drivers don't have very good feedback, so I'd avoid DM.

I still run SlimDrivers from time to time and then check on the manufacturer's website before downloading, I think it's the safest way to get the best from both worlds. :) Thanks guys +rep

Big_Rich

Silver Level Poster

Thirded.

99% of "driver updaters" are Bloatware at best, Malware at worst.

The only driver updating utilities I trust are the ones provided by the likes of Intel and AMD that run from an ActiveX control within your browser.

Al.Neri

Super Star
I check for driver updates manually, and only really keep a check on GFX card drivers, rarely checking sound card driver updates (which haven't been released for a long time).