Drivers

Dragilex

Bronze Level Poster
Argh help.

This CD that came with my new laptop "Device drivers & utilities". Am I suppose to load it up and install all the drivers off the disc? Or have PCS installed them all before I even got the laptop?

cb1173

Silver Level Poster
Hi, some of the drivers will be installed but not all of them, cant tell you which as it depends on the laptop. I was advised to go through the drivers in the order they are on the disk and that way you know for sure everything is installed. Also no harm will come from reinstalling a driver.
Also when installing the drivers make sure the component is on, for example when you install the webcam driver, make sure the webcam is swithched on (Fn + F10) or you will get a message saying you dont have the equipment for that driver.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
First thing to look at is Device manager,
that will tell you if there are any problems
with drivers.

ShadowBlaze

Bronze Level Poster
First thing to look at is Device manager,
that will tell you if there are any problems
with drivers.

Yeah, if you want to know how to get there is by right clicking my computer then click on properties then to hardware and you will see device manager for windows XP for windows 7 im sure it should be on the left side of the page once you opened the properties of my computer. As vanthus said if there is any problems with the drivers there will be icons next to them stating something is wrong

Dragilex

Bronze Level Poster
My problem was that the installed Intel sound driver was pants. Installed the Realtek driver and volume issue was fixed along with control over speakers in a 5.1 config. Cheers for suggestions.