dual link dvi cable confusion , help please :)

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
Hi there, have just ordered a monitor that will display 2560x1080 resolution, and am very confused about what cables to use and how to connect to get the full resolution, I understand that you get cables with the monitor , and have been doing some research and just getting confused . I believe I need a dual dvi cable I may be wrong, but when I look at some pictures there are two connectors one end and one at the other, this is where I am confused. I am running two gtx670 in sli , so basically I need to know what type of cable I would need to use and would it connect into just the one gpu like my hdmi cable does at the moment.( in the top card of the two :). im looking at cables and am starting to think I need to connect to both gpus , but im sure I don't and im just getting myself confused with this issue. thanks all

keynes

Multiverse Poster
you only need to connect to one GPU and I would use the cable provided with the monitor.

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
thank you for quick reply, would you know what socket on the gpu I would plug into as there is a few :)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
For that resolution you should connect the monitor to either a DVI-D dual link or a DVI-I dual link port on the top GPU,the necessary cable will normally be supplied with the monitor.
dvi dual link..PNG

Last edited: