Dual Monitors

Munj

Hi I bought my PC a couple of months back however only recently as a present have I aquired 2 monitors. Unfortunately my PC only has one VGA port for connectivity. I've seen elsewhere that I would need to install a PCI card of some sort to get the 2 VGA I'm looking for.

Rakk

The Awesome
What graphics card have you got, it probably has more than one port available so you may just need an adaptor to convert to VGA for one of the other ports.

Munj

Hi yeah this wasn't meant to be any kinda special pc so I didn't get anything than the default one on home and office pc.also I found some kind of splitter on amazon that seems to only use one VGA port can I use this to connect up to 2 monitors

Rakk

The Awesome
If it is the GTX650 (which it probably is, could you confirm whether it is or not please, it will say which one it is on your order details), then you it also has a DVI port for which you can get a DVI-VGA adaptor, you don't need a splitter, you just need an adaptor.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Hi yeah this wasn't meant to be any kinda special pc so I didn't get anything than the default one on home and office pc.also I found some kind of splitter on amazon that seems to only use one VGA port can I use this to connect up to 2 monitors
What is your full spec?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
If all you have is one AVG port and nothing more,you can use a splitter,but you will only be able to duplicate the displays and not extend,and "extend" is what you will want I would imagine.
Edit: like Rakk said check what GPU you have.

Last edited:

Munj

I'm sorry guys but this is a barebones pc I just took that accelerated graphics card. Some basic dual core processor a basic motherboard. I wasn't really intending to use for anything other than office stuff. All I know is round the back there is only one VGA an some USB ports no Dvi ports or anything

Rakk

The Awesome
I'm sorry guys but this is a barebones pc I just took that accelerated graphics card.
Yeah, oops, on my part, when I went to look at the home office PC's the configurator had saved an earlier version I'd clicked on, so yeah, ignore my previous post :)
Some basic dual core processor a basic motherboard. I wasn't really intending to use for anything other than office stuff. All I know is round the back there is only one VGA an some USB ports no Dvi ports or anything
If it only has one port then as Vanthus says you would need a splitter but it would only duplicate the screens rather than extend.

Munj

I just watched a video of a guy who has a relatively old computer. He bought a really bad graphic card and installed it in the back of his PC. I've seen some on amazon for 30 quid would doing this then allow me to use the dual monitors

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I just watched a video of a guy who has a relatively old computer. He bought a really bad graphic card and installed it in the back of his PC. I've seen some on amazon for 30 quid would doing this then allow me to use the dual monitors
It probably would,as long as it has at least two ports,even really old dedicated cards have this capability.

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster

You could get a dedicated gpu, what motherboard/psu do you have?

Munj

yep the one im looking at does so buying this would be fine then and allow me to use the 2 monitors properly i'm assuming.

Thanks guys really appreciated :)