Dual monitors.

Hi there, I have a few questions about dual monitors..
1. What is the purpose of dual monitors? Is it just for like multi tasking etc...? For example: Playing a game and browsing the web at the same time?
2. Are any monitors dual compatible?
3. Do the monitors have to be the same or be different? Different makes etc...

The monitor I have at the moment is: Acer Nitro Full HD 21.5 IPS LCD Gaming monitor. Is this dual compatible? If so, what monitor could you recommend to me?

My graphics card is AMD Radeon 5700 XT, if that helps at all. If you need anymore info about my set up, Just let me know!

I was looking to get a new monitor anyway for my gaming. Is it worth just getting 1 new monitor? Was looking for something bigger aswell.

Thank you very much in advance!

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
1. What is the purpose of dual monitors? Is it just for like multi tasking etc...? For example: Playing a game and browsing the web at the same time?
Yes.

Not just for gaming. For office work you might have a spreadsheet on one screen, and a web page and a word document displayed side by side on the other, for instance.

2. Are any monitors dual compatible?
3. Do the monitors have to be the same or be different? Different makes etc...
You can have any number of monitors, that can be of the same or different models, resolutions, refresh rates, etc, as long as your PC supports that. It is your PC that determines how many monitors you can attach to it, and in what configurations.

The monitor I have at the moment is: Acer Nitro Full HD 21.5 IPS LCD Gaming monitor. Is this dual compatible? If so, what monitor could you recommend to me?

My graphics card is AMD Radeon 5700 XT, if that helps at all. If you need anymore info about my set up, Just let me know!

Your RX 5700 XT easily supports dual monitors.

You mentioned gaming, so I'll assume the PC is used for gaming.

You currently have a really powerful graphics card and a dirt cheap low spec monitor that doesn't let you get the full potential of your graphics card.

What I'd suggest would be getting a 1440p 144hz monitor with Freesync for the gaming (1440p is also very nice for productivity due to the higher pixel count) and using your existing monitor as a 2nd screen.

Have a look at this list for relevant monitors:

They all look really good. This one is has taken my interest....
Acer Nitro VG271UPbmiipx 27 inch WQHD Gaming Monitor - (IPS Panel, FreeSync, 144Hz, 1ms, HDR 400, ZeroFrame, DP, HDMI, Black)

Only because it has the same style as my current monitor :ROFLMAO: But it looks to be a really good monitor anyway.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
That would be my pick. On paper it seems like a fantastic monitor that ticks every box.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Yeah, it seems good, and appears to be discounted to £300 from the usual somewhat higher price on Amazon at the moment :)

I found this one aswell....
Dell S2719DGF 27 Inch TN Anti-Glare LED-backlit LCD Gaming 2019 Monitor - (Black) (1 ms Response Time, QHD 2560 x 1440 at 155 Hz, HDMI, Tilt and swivel and AMD FreeSync)

Is this better than the Acer one?
It's more expensive but I'm willing to pay more if its worth it.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
It is a TN panel, so the Acer would have better colour reproduction and viewing angles, while that Dell will have a faster response time. I think it also overclocks to 155hz rather than 144hz, though perhaps that's more gimmick than feature.

If you're well into fast-paced, competitive shooter action then go with the Dell. Otherwise, the Acer's IPS panel should give it a bit more vibrant an image and more lively colours.

Your current monitor is an IPS panel.

Either would be a fine choice.