Early reports from retailers is that 12th Gen Intel sales are poor

techguyone

Silver Level Poster
I do also think it's unfortunate timing for Intel, they really needed 12th Gen chips at the time 11th Gen released as that's when the market was booming due to remote working and the news about the upcoming GPU's.

I think after March 2020 and the pandemic, so many people have already upgraded to AMD as that was really the only option unless you settled for 10 Gen Intel. But I think so many people upgraded since March 2020 that a significant portion of the market are set for the next 5 years.

AMD just had an exceptional new platform right at the right time, with nvidia and AMD following on with exceptional GPU's not far afterwards. I think it's satisfied a lot of the market for some time to come.
I agree completely, I'm awaiting the next gen AMD with interest, if they beat Intels performance plus have a better power consumption (!2th Gen Intel is horrific) AMD will be ok.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I agree completely, I'm awaiting the next gen AMD with interest, if they beat Intels performance plus have a better power consumption (!2th Gen Intel is horrific) AMD will be ok.
Yeah, me too, I'm hugely excited for 7000 series AMD.

Judging by the effect of 3d VCache on the 5800x3D, just that alone makes quite a substantial improvement (purely talking about gaming). So that paired with a brand new architecture and 25% IPC improvement, it's going to be very interesting.

It will be just as interesting to see what Intel have planned for their next gen, I just really don't know how they're going to approach it, am quite keen to find out.