Enigma II memory upgrade

astroccd

Hello

I have an Enigma II which is about 18 months old and am looking to upgrade the memory: it should currently have a 1x4GB one installed and I am trying to find out what I can add i.e. I am assuming that there is at least another memory card slot into which I can install another 1 x 4GB memory card. But there is also the problem about installation: how do I access the memory slots? There is a big panel on the underside of the laptop but even when the 2 small screws are removed I cannot remove the panel i.e. it doesn't slide or unclick so I feel that I am missing some other release mechanism.

Can anyone held/advise?

Many thanks

Pete

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Normally on a laptop there would be a smaller panel on the back to access the ram
held by one or two screws,then again all laptops are not the same.
Maybe best giving PCS a call that way you could ask for advice and also order the correct ram from them.

Last edited:

Buzz

Master
Hello astroccd

Yeh I agree with Vanthus, calling would be best option as that way can sort it all at same time.

PH : 0844 499 4000
Check call-waiting

If you purchased the comp from PCS then in your account they may still have the order which should tell you what type of RAM you have installed, keeping in mind that 4Gig is Max you can have on a 32bit operating system.
It probably supports DDR-III 1333Mhz, but I would check that.

orders

I wouldn't be sure about getting at the RAM on your comp but Iv seen a few where you need to remove the screws from underneath as you have done then get something like a paperclip and on the CDROM drive there should be a tiny hole to release the drive, and the whole thing slides out which then releases the panel underneath. This may also be the case for yours.

astroccd

Thanks for all of the advice. I didn't know about the extra release bit and tho I can't see where it applies I will phone PCS now and ask about that and the memory.

Cheers

Pete

Buzz

Master
I didn't know about the extra release bit and tho I can't see where it applies

But there is also the problem about installation: how do I access the memory slots? There is a big panel on the underside of the laptop but even when the 2 small screws are removed I cannot remove the panel

Was just explaining that I have seen laptops where, when the back panel is all inclusive rather then 1 opening for RAM, another for HDD etc all just easily opened with the removal of a screw, they actually need the Cdrom removed completely to remove the back cover, and to remove the cdrom when the comp is switched off you need to push a little pin in the tiny hole where the drawer opens up to release it.