Enigma III 540 Wireless button

Sparky68

Sorry for the totally noob question but just received my 540 and cant see the wireless on/off button :whistling:

Buzz

Master
And your wireless router is on and functioning correctly?
Is your router is set to broadcast it’s network name (SSID) ?

Is the wireless led on the front of the comp on?

Press

Start - Control Panel - Network and sharing center

Setup a new connection.
Connect to the Internet.
Setup new Wireless connection
See if any connections show up.

Sparky68

No light showing just the power light and charging light currently. Cant see where to physically switch the wireless on.

Buzz

Master
When you press Fn and F2 does that not enable it? There should be a light on the front of the comp.
And your wireless router is on and functioning correctly?
Is your router set to broadcast it’s network name (SSID)?

Sparky68

This is what i get in device manager

Image1-1.jpg

Buzz

Master
Is the wireless light on the front of the comp the actual switch?

When you go into Device manager and right click on your wireless card and select properties,then power management, do you see an option to disable to save power? If so dont have it enabled.

Also when you right click it does it say this device is enabled or disabled?

If it installed correctly pressing FN and holding it down while pressing F2 should turn it on, otherwise look around the front of case wer the LEDs are and see if any are a switch or a touch pad to enable it

Sparky68

Ok just checked and did what you suggested. when i press fn and F2 the wireless manager pops up and just says wireless off.

Buzz

Master
You could always try remove it totally and reinstall it with freshly downloaded drivers, and see if that auto enables it that way.

Not sure if is just am tired but for the life of me I cant think why wont come on if the drivers are installed correct

Sparky68

Spoke to Customer support today, they said Fn and f2 should enable wireless. mine doesn't . Could it be hardware?