[Enigma IV] Close to pulling the trigger, anything I should know?

deshepherd

The question regarding the SSD not a 2.5" drive but rather M.2. They come 3 lengths 42mm, 60mm and 80mm (some other sizes too). The website suggests it only supports 42mm.
The reason why I ask is there is far more variety of size and speed to upgrade to in M2 60mm and 80mm, and cheaper, hence one of the reasons why I want to see a pic of the inside.
As is often the case the US FCC is your friend here ... google for "FCC THD W86" (Enigma seems to be a W86 from photos on PCS and googling shows this is made by THD) and you can find a site that has the FCC docs (need to get FCC approval for RF emissions etc to sell n US) ... there's a doc there that contains internal photos and it doesn't look like there's any space for a large SSD module.

Also thanks to Tom for the info ... I'm probably going to order one (want a FHD laptop but don't need excessively high spec as main use is remote working with VNC sessions that I use on a FHD monitor at work) as for the price (especially as I don't need to buy windows as I have a spare win7 license to use) it looks unbeatable for FHD + it includes SSD.

swatboy79

Thanks a lot Tom and deshepherd

Looks like there is more than 1 battery (maybe 3). The pictures show a lot, and to be picky, some what lacking in build quality. I may be looking at something else very similar to this laptop and it supports full sized m.2.

tom6561

Gold Level Poster
Likewise, I did not know about the FCC uploading their reports, thanks a lot for the link!

Full HD was on my list of things and it's pretty hard to find at this price point. If I'm picky the screen could be brighter and also could do with a little more contrast, but it is sat right next to my desktop screen at the moment. The whites look properly white though which is good.

What was the similar laptop you were looking at? I'm not sure if links to competitors are allowed in this forum but feel free to pm me (if you can do that here) or shoot me a message over on Reddit or Steam.

deshepherd

First time I've ever found stuff directly fro m FCC docs (came across a link to them while googling THD W86) but in the past have read articles several times in tech sites where they predict what the features of a sound to be released new phone/tablet/laptop/etc is on the basis of a FCC certificate that they've spotted.

Also, if you've seen anything similar then I'd be interested.