Epic Notebook Fail

steveuk87

Super Star
Hey guys, yes its me the strange but loveable hobo!

Back from the darkest depths of PCS :)

Anyhoo's my GF has the gayest notebook on the earth and for some strange reason the explorer bar (with start menu etc) and her desktop almost instantly freeze when her notebook starts meaning that once she loads something up she cant do much else with it..

anyone had experience with this or know a fix at all?

Cheers guys

Steve

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
If you can boot ok in safemode,type in msconfig in the search box,then try to isolate the startup item that may be causing the problem.

steveuk87

Super Star
yeah i can boot it in safemode and it appears to run fine, but i cant see anything out of the ordinary :/

Steve

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
hehe, i thought my laptop was bad, if you can get onto the internet and downlaod a program, try CPU-Z to see what you are running, it may be something specific bottlenecking it

steveuk87

Super Star
ok cheers might just try that, i can get on the internet (if i wait long enough for it to load) just nothing else afterwards cz the screen freezes haha.. cheers guys

Steve

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
You need to untick all startup items in system configuration when in safemode,then restart normally if it restarts ok retick them one at a time,till you isolate the problem,or if there's loads tick half of them to quicken the process.
or you can try it this way,
Type msconfig in the Start Search box and then press ENTER.
On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
Click OK.then restart.
if pc boots ok you need to isolate the problem startup item.

Last edited: