Err does 1600Mhz RAM works with 1800Mhz+ RAMS?

Croazil

YES I am not very good at these things so need help!!!

Will 1600Mhz RAMS be compatible with 1800+ RAMS?

If it does will it make any difference?
If it doesnt why not?

Thanks free rep from me for ur time.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Yes,as long as the motherboard supports it,but all modules must be the same type.you can add higher speed modules, they just won't run at their full speed.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
So long as they have the same CAS latency, timings, and recommended voltage,your motherboard would probably just automatically underclock the faster one.Having said that I wouldn't really recommend mixing ram, as there's no guarantee it wont cause problems & ram is pretty cheap.

Croazil

So long as they have the same CAS latency, timings, and recommended voltage,your motherboard would probably just automatically underclock the faster one.Having said that I wouldn't really recommend mixing ram, as there's no guarantee it wont cause problems & ram is pretty cheap.

Well said thanks for help well deserved rep from me

Croazil

1 more question the rams will work well even if different brand but same Mhzs?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
personally i'd stick with all the same, only because i like to look at my pc and it would annoy the hell out of me, if my ram didnt match!