Estimated time for ''pre-order only''?

AliBal

Good evening! I'm thinking to buy a desktop PC but some parts that I want are ''pre-order only'' and I'm not sure exactly how much waiting time ''pre-order'' means. Are we talking about a few days, a couple of weeks or it can be months to get the parts after the order is made? The parts that I'm talking about are :GeForce RTX 3090 GPU and AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU.

TomBerry

Bright Spark
Good evening! I'm thinking to buy a desktop PC but some parts that I want are ''pre-order only'' and I'm not sure exactly how much waiting time ''pre-order'' means. Are we talking about a few days, a couple of weeks or it can be months to get the parts after the order is made? The parts that I'm talking about are :GeForce RTX 3090 GPU and AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU.
I was on the live chat today and they said the wait for the RTX 3090 is 4-6 weeks, could be sooner :) Unsure about the 5950

bleakcon

Well the 3080 as you have probably seen are estimated at September :O .

I was told on the phone that the 3090s don't generally take as long as the 3080s but that isn't saying much considering the 3080 is a September wait (wowzers)

I suspect by the time you have finished waiting for the GPU the CPU will be in stock and ready to go.

I have only been waiting 6 working days so far, i expect to wait a lot longer.....

Citrus_9

Expert
There's a dedicated thread for 3080. Also, some people got is quick (another thread), but probably got lucky maybe due to a big delivery PCS got that time.

AliBal

Well the 3080 as you have probably seen are estimated at September :O .

I was told on the phone that the 3090s don't generally take as long as the 3080s but that isn't saying much considering the 3080 is a September wait (wowzers)

I suspect by the time you have finished waiting for the GPU the CPU will be in stock and ready to go.

I have only been waiting 6 working days so far, i expect to wait a lot longer.....
Thank you for the reply.
I knew on the 3080 were longer times but didn't know it was September long. Crazy times we are living. I'll ask tomorrow in the live chat about the CPU although I think there is less waiting for the CPU's than GPU's( I hope :)

AliBal

There's a dedicated thread for 3080. Also, some people got is quick (another thread), but probably got lucky maybe due to a big delivery PCS got that time.

Cheers mate!

Citrus_9

Expert
Thank you for the reply.
I knew on the 3080 were longer times but didn't know it was September long. Crazy times we are living. I'll ask tomorrow in the live chat about the CPU although I think there is less waiting for the CPU's than GPU's( I hope :)
You may get lucky and if PCS gets a large delivery, you may go in to build quick enough... Just follow the 3080 thread ;)